Monday, July 5, 2010

Pain pain go away...

Today I was on MC as I woke up and couldn't get out of bed without being in pain. In fact the unbearable pain started around evening yesterday and this morning it still didn't go away.

It was the same pain I mentioned in my blog here just that this time it was unbearable and I didn't want to take chances. Immediately I called Dr Lee and made an appointment to see him. Unfortunately, there were no words of comfort from him despite me paying for consultation. In fact he told me that the pain might go away on its own in a few weeks or I may have to live with it until Bun was born... oh great, 4 more months to go!

The nurse who assisted Dr Lee told me she had the same problem as me and hers lasted until the baby was born - how comforting :-(.

Dr Lee said my placenta wasn't low anymore, it was normal but the pain could be caused by some joints and bones that are touching each other as my body continues to adapt to the growth of Bun. He said some unfortunate women will experience this and it is quite common especially for those who've had the first child.

The pain could go away in a few weeks but only to return towards the last trimester with a vengeance or the pain would linger on and becomes more and more painful towards the last trimester. Some women couldn't even walk when that happens and had to be on a wheelchair. Either one doesn't sound like sweet melodies to my ears.

Since he's got no remedies or medicine for me, I was advised to live with it, bear with it and make the best out of it. Find ways to walk, sleep or sit that won't hurt so much and try not to strain it by lifting heavy stuff or walk too much to make the 'so called injury' worsen.

The only comforting words I have from him today would be that everything was fine with Bun. That was the most important to me. As for the pain, I am sure I can bear with it, I just have to as I don't have a choice. I sometimes just wonder why I cannot have a problem free pregnancy like most people do. I truly envy them. I know I shouldn't compare but sometimes I just can't help it.

On the other hand, I do sincerely thank God for giving me my babies whenever I want them as I know some people have been through even more (physically, emotionally and financially) and yet still couldn't becomes mommies. For that I am truly truly thankful.

I kept telling papa that this will be the last. No more and I hope I don't get tempted 2 or 3 years down the road to have the 3rd! If that happens, please remind me! :-)

By the way, for the record, I gained 600 grams in 12 days, my dieting seems to have worked :-)

8 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

last time when i carried my 3 babies, also risky.. no mating after the 3rd month till babies come out.. cos dangerous, my placenta was also a bit low..

Leona said...

Oh dear, I feel for you...some more you have to take care of Hayley and bear with the pain. Just take it as easy as possible ok? As you said, importantly is bun is well.

Alice Law said...

Poor you.... though I didn't have smooth pregnancies but weren't as worst as you(I experienced hyperemesis when I carried Juan and breathing difficulty with Xuan through out my preggy)!

You can probably try breathing exercise and yoga, it might help a bit! Good luck and a happy preggy to you!^-^

Have a pleasant day ahead!:)

Pei Chyi said...

Uncle Lee is a real comic. I had similar pains where there are times getting up from a seated or lying down position was so horrendous--and when I asked him what to do about it, his answer was--there is only one cure; it will go away after delivery. I suspect he uses the same answer with all his patients. For all you know you could have paid me RM 60 for consultation and i'll say the same thing hahaha!!

Try ice packs and see if they can help. Otherwise get the hubby to give you some gentle massage--not that it may help but at least he can be reminded of how much pain us women need to endure to carry the baby!!

Have a smooth journey ahead!

Ermayum said...

hi dear hope u re ok now :) take care ye

Kiasu Mom said...

Reanaclaire, really? From 3 months until due and for all 3 kids, wow!

Leona, well... I got to accept the fate. Just make the best out of it lor... haiz...

Alice, Dr Lee said nothing I do will help. The pain will still be there cause it's got to do with bones and joints...

Pei Chyi, how long did you have to endure the pain? Mine was horrible cause the pain will be there even when I walk! Well, before I went to see him I already expected that answer, just that I need assurance from him that Bun was alright. As for ice packs, ice packs for down there? Hmmm... never thought of it.. will try if it gets too unbearable again.. thanks :P

Ermayum, I wish I will be ok too.. unfortunately, still the same.. :-(

Pei Chyi said...

I had the pain mostly at the hip/thigh/butt area for the longest time...even from early 2nd trimester. then tambah the pain "down there" was in 3rd trimester ... kinda, how would u say...indescribable..

guess its our body telling us to rest more?

Kiasu Mom said...

Pei Chyi, my hip/thigh was fine. Only down there disturbing me. I am still having it now. Looks like I will have to bear with it until the package arrives. Sigh...

And Dr Lee did warn that if it didn't go away soon, it will just get more and more painful... double sigh....

I am already not doing much apart from going to work (driving too) and looking after my 2 year old. How la to rest some more????