Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Give credit where credit is due

Over the last few weeks I have been complaining about the 2 year 4 months old monster at home. I forgot to realise that despite her growing up, becoming rebellious and testing my limits every single minute, like most toddlers would at her age, she has actually done many nice and becautiful things to make my day.

So this post is dedicated to my sweet little monster. Hopefully one day when she is old enough to read and understand this, she will appreciate everything we have done for her and work harder to give us more money so both me and papa can retire and shake legs at home [hahahaha].

Here are those sweet moments :-)
  1. when I sneezed she will offer to get me a tissue
  2. when I coughed she will ask me if I am ok and will want to pat my chest or my back - papa's cough doesn't have such an effect
  3. when she spotted a scar or a bruise on me she will say this "oh pain pain, don't touch ok, later put cream, don't touch, good girl'
  4. when she is in a good mood during bed time, she will kiss me on the lips and say good night automatically, when she is not in a good mood, I will have to request for it
  5. she is my little helper at home. She wants to help with everything like bringing her own high chair to the dining table, carrying her own bowl of rice to the table, putting laundry into the washing machine, folding laundry etc
  6. she will pluck flowers from the road side and give them to me
  7. she will ask for my baby bump (ie wants me to lift up my shirt) and said she wanted to sayang baby
  8. when I am seated on the floor and can't get up, she will help by pulling me up
  9. she will out of a sudden say she love me, this can happen anytime, anywhere. It has never happened to papa though
  10. she willingly shares her goodies with me, ie ice cream, sweets, chocolates etc
  11. when she is sleeping, she sometimes wants me to pat her on the back. I always complain that it makes me tired patting her and she will say this 'never mind, pat slowly ok, no need hard hard'.

How can I not love her? :-)

4 comments:

Alice Law said...

You are blessed with such caring and loving girl! LOL! Now you know the wonders of having a daughter!;)

I love this post, it shows how you appreciate your girl!^-^ Have a wonderful day ahead! Cheers!

treasure memories said...

So sweet. You make me jealous for not having a girl.

Kiasu Mom said...

Alice, that is right... a lot of my friends with boys and girls told me the same thing. You only get special treatment like these from girls :-)

Treasure Memories, your boys are great ok. Jared super smart and obedient and Jaden super cute.. what more do you want? ;-)

DG said...

Great post! It certainly is not easy to sit back and reflect on how wonderful our children are when we have to handle the daily challenges they throw at us.

But once we start forcing ourselves to look at the positive traits our kids have and those beautiful and innocent acts that our kids are capable of, it puts perspective into motherhood. My 2 cents worth!

BTW, I have two boys, so missing out on the niceties from daughters. But luckily (of course I have no comparison), my boys do many of these things that girls do for mummies too. :> I am still training them to 'compensate' for what I don't have.