Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Detailed Scan - DONE

This afternoon we completed Bun's detailed scan which cost us RM220. Happy to record that everything was well and in order. Another hurdle passed!

The sonographer scanned the toes, fingers, brain, face especially lips (for cleft lips), back bone, blood flow to the brain, kidney, heart, lungs, the long bones to the arms and legs, cord insertion, placenta, amniotic fluid (to ensure its sufficient), bladder, stomach, diaphragm etc

The scan was quite fun as we were able to see Bun in more detail, unlike the usual ultrasound. We could even see Bun's face like a 3D/4D image. Papa claimed Bun had a flat nose like me :-(. Looking at the scan, Bun didn't look at all like Hayley when she was born. It was a nice feeling seeing Bun although in black and white.

Bun at 24 weeks is 842 grams and I have gained 2.4kg since my last check up around 3+ weeks ago. I am now at 53.2kg, 8.2kg gained since I got pregnant. I hope to be able to maintain the same weight gain as previous pregnancy which was 13kg in total. Looking at the rate I am going, with 14 - 16 more weeks to go, I think it is going to be mission impossible.

The sonographer gave us a copy of the scan (we haven't seen it yet so not sure whether it was a recording of the entire scan from start to finish or it was just copy of the images she took down during the scan) in a CD. Whatever it is, it is nice to have something for memory sake :-)

5 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

how nice.. during my time, can scan only ..but cannot take back one.. :(

Pei Chyi said...

yay! next time when Bun's out u can show Bun these scans!

Kiasu Mom said...

Reanaclaire, different zaman ma.. :-)

Pei Chyi, I didn't check what's in the CD yet.. hehe and yeah hopefully when Bun is old enough, the CD still works... hehe

Ermayum said...

glad to hear all is great :) mesti Bun pun cant wait to be born :) hope all goes well k

Kiasu Mom said...

Thanks Ermayum!