Thursday, July 22, 2010

Me? The Versatile Blogger?

This is the 2nd time I've been tagged since I started blogging. I didn't respond to the 1st one (can't remember what it was about anymore) cause I was pretty new back then and didn't really pay much attention to my blog. This time, I am going to put an effort and am going to accept the award gracefully.. hehe

Firstly, thanks to Leona for tagging me....

Here are the rules to accept the award:
  1. List 7 random things about myself
  2. Share the award with up to 15 other bloggers
  3. Link to each of the recipients to let them know they've won via comments on their blog
  4. Thank and bring the love back to the person you won the award from by linking back to them.

7 random things about me:

  1. I love dancing. It was my No 1 passion. I used to work part time as a dancer before I had Hayley. Those were the best few years of my life. Even though I don't dance anymore, I still love to watch dancing shows on TV.
  2. I am not a sports person, other than dancing and some Taekwondo lessons back in school, I am not into any sports. I don't play badminton, I don't know how to swim, I don't know how to play volleyball... I sucks at sports!
  3. I am Ms Perfectionist. I am a Virgo so you can imagine. I used to struggle having to deal with messy people, messy house etc. After having a husband and kid, I have learnt to let go... still a perfectionist but definitely not as bad as I used to be. My husband always say I have OCD.
  4. I am very stingy when it comes to spending on myself. I hardly go for spa or manicure or pedicure or massage or even buying stuff for myself. But when it comes to spending for my husband or my kid, any amount is not an issue. I just want to see the smile on their faces.
  5. I am not a technology person either. I don't have the latest laptop or the latest camera or the latest mobile phone or an Ipod or a PS3. I don't believe in spending unnecessarily on those things. I will get it if I need it, if not then I'd rather save the cash into the bank.
  6. I am a planner. I like to plan far ahead, sometimes too far that it stresses me out. I don't like feeling helpless so I always plan for our future, to be sure we have enough for the kids, for retirement and for emergencies.
  7. Everyone will judge me by my looks that I am a very fierce person. Well, I can be very fierce when I didn't get what I was promised or I was not treated respectfully at a restaurant or I was being rude to. I am just standing up for myself. Other than that, I am a very nice person :-)

As I do not have many blogger friends (some have already been awarded), I have decided not to award this to anyone else.

8 comments:

Leeyenpei said...

Hi, blog hop frm leona's! The last one sounds like Leona!
And congrats on your pregnancy that I found it on the sticker!

Saw Leng, KOH said...

Hi sweetie,

Why you sounded so much like me, just as we picked the same blog design too. Is it because we are both Virgorian?

Reanaclaire said...

this is the 2nd time i see the award today... :)

Leona said...

haha, i think u and I have some similar qualities. I am also OCD in some ways. But not in the messiness part. I am more OCD about security like locking the doors or switching off the switches!!!I am terrible at sports too...

Hi-5 to you too about voicing up about bad service. But of course I am sure we do it tactfully or else we would be getting 'foreign' objects in our food! :p I always feel that people should know about their service so that they can improve themselves.

Kiasu Mom said...

Leeyenpei, hi and thanks for dropping by. Yeah I think Leona and I have something in common.. hehehe.

Treasure Memories, that is why we both clicked! Cause we are alike ma :-)

Reanaclaire, I saw it a few times on other blogs too, it must be the 'in' thing now :-)

Leona, I am OCD about cleanliness and messiness. The cushion on the sofa must be in the same position each and everytime (yes to that extend, hahahah). But I am slightly more relaxed now. Can't expect to be the same with a kid at home. House will never be neat!

As for voicing out, my temper used to be very bad (now toned down). If I wasn't served the right way or I didn't get the right customer service levels, I will make sure the the other person gets the deserved punishment. And to avoid getting foreign objects in food or whatever, I always do it when I am paying or about to leave :-)

Alice Law said...

Glad to know more about you, I would be glad to know your name though!^-^

Kiasu Mom said...

Alice, have you been away? Why MIA so long? My name is Amy Tan :-)

Alice Law said...

Nice to know you Amy! I was actually busy organise and preparing Juan and Xuan's coming birthday, at the mean time I took a break following a series, lol!^-^

Sorry for the sudden loss!:p