Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bun at 5 months

Last Wed we went for a check up, Bun was at 19 weeks and I gained 3kg! Yes 3 huge kg in 3 weeks. I am now at 50.8kg. I better control my diet else I will be in serious trouble.

As for Bun, everything is well except that my placenta is a little low according to Dr Lee. And that explains why I am having pains down there for the past few weeks and the pain have become more and more unbearable. It felt like the pain I had when I was at 9 months with Hayley, like she's about to come out from down there that kind of pain, like some veins are being pulled down there.

Dr Lee said there are 2 possible reasons for the pain:
  1. this was my 2nd child and my uterus have expanded before and therefore higher chances for the placenta to be lower this time causing the pressure pain.
  2. I had a c-sec the last time and during the c-sec some of my veins or whatever is in there may have been tangled or stuck together and therefore with the baby continuously growing, the veins may be pressured hence causing the pains which felt like the veins are being pulled.
Thankfully I only felt the pain when I walk or when I move. If I stay still in bed or sit in a chair, there will be no pain. I just hope the pain will go away soon. I don't know how I am going to deal with it if I have to live with it for another 20 weeks!

During the check up, I also had my blood test done for HIV and infections. The blood tests cost us an additional RM100. For my next check up in 3 weeks, I was advised to go for the detailed scan which will cost us RM220 to check and ensure that Bun's organs are developing well. Although this was my 2nd pregnancy, the detailed scan and the NT test mentioned here are all very new to me as my previous gynae never recommended or mentioned about them.

Now all I hope for is that the pain will go away so I can plan for a short trip in the next few weeks before we are being grounded at home for the next 2 years!

5 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

i had 3 c-sec on my 3 kids.. initially sure got pain for a couple of weeks and tender during the first few months.. hope your pain will go off in no time..

Leona said...

Hope you will feel better soon. Definitely need the holiday !

Pei Chyi said...

Enjoy the detailed scan with the sonographer! I sorta held my breath every single second of that 30 minute scan, counting his fingers and toes, shrieking at the sight of his nose and lip, and resting in comfort as I hear his small little heart beat swiftly.

Amidst all the happy and jolly mood, Uncle Lee goes through the scans after the sonographer has done her work, he then yells "oh, there, kuku bird"

Oh Uncle Lee...tsk tsk tsk

Alice Law said...

I think you better rest well, rather than going for a trip(even if your pain subsided)! All the best to you!:)

Kiasu Mom said...

Reanaclaire, I am 5 months and the pain seems to be still around.. haiz.. dunno for how long some more.. seems a bit weird.

Leona, thanks. Scared to go holiday if I still have the pain. Want to be near my doctor if you know what I mean :-)

Pei Chyi, yeah he is funny la.. BTW, the sonographer on maternity leave so Dr Lee will be doing the scan himself. I saw Bun when we did the NT test. Bun does look a lot his Hayley :-)

Alice, still thinking about it. If the pain goes away now, surely we'll go for the holiday else no holiday in at least 2 years.... can die man...