Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Me at 19 weeks

  • I have gained 3kg at my last check up about 3 weeks ago. I expect at least another 2 -3 kg of weight gain next Wed (my next check up)
  • I am losing a lot of hair. Weird huh?! I thought we will lose our hair 3 months after child birth? How come I am losing hair now? die la, going to be botak soon
  • I have very good appetite. I don't seem to feel full, I can eat and eat and eat like there's no limit.
  • My baby bump is very obvious now, people have started asking me if I am pregnant.
  • I am not getting enough sleep because I have to wake up at least once or twice a night to clear my bladder and then will struggle a little bit before I can get back to sleep.
  • I have a BIG zit on my nose, it lasted about 2 weeks but thank God it's almost gone now. I don't usually have zits on my face so this is quite shocking. Right in the middle of the nose some more leh....like Rudolph.
  • Bun is moving and kicking a lot inside there, I can feel it many times day. Thankfully so far it didn't interrupt my sleep.
  • My belly button is all the way out, it looks so funny. Even Hayley thinks it looks funny.
  • I can still fit into my usual jeans but have to unzip it all the way down and my shirt must be long enough to cover. It's getting more and more uncomfortable wearing it though.
  • I have no cravings or preference for any special kind of food, can eat and drink anything. Thank God.
  • I think the baby bum is a little low this time so constantly I am feeling some pressure down there, like something is pushing down there. Not sure if this is a good or bad sign.
  • I need at least 1 nap a day to recharge myself. I don't get to nap on weekdays due to work so we hardly go out on weekends as I need to nap!
  • And oh, my breasts have increased at least by 2 cup sizes :-)

9 comments:

Alice Law said...

LOL... my mom used to tell me that if belly button protruding, it's highly likely a baby boy! (part of old wife tales)^-^

Anyway, the most important is baby is healthy! Should start to tell 'him' a lot of stories by now, and give more chance for Hayley to 'sayang' and 'kiss' her sibling!;)

Enjoy your preggy!

Reanaclaire said...

yes, most important is mama healthy, baby healthy.. eat more good healthy food esp in the morning.. take care!

Pei Chyi said...

Gosh its like i'm re-living my pregnancy hahahah! the only thing i don't miss is the constant urge to pee

Kiasu Mom said...

Alice, so was yours protruding when you were pregnant with Ah Xuan? :-)

Renaclaire, nasi lemak, mee siam, roti canai healthy ah? hahahaha. Those are my morning rituals... [guilty]

Pei Chyi, yeah the peeing is really irritating...

Alice Law said...

Hehe... that's why my mom 'tegur' me mar!;p You have a nice day!

Leona said...

Yah.. I really didn't like the pee-ing part too. Other than that, its great to see the progress of the pregnancy. I laughed at the part about the breast size!!!...

Btw, i don't mean to scare u about SDMC. I am sure it is a good place with good facilities. Maybe I was just a bit stressed and was a bit too 'nim-chim'. I think I kept on comparing with Sunway Hospital which is newer and have better facilities. Everything has good side and bad side rite? Importantly, is the medical care received.

Ermayum said...

memang some people perut low kan pregnant - how about yr first?

hope the rest of the journey will be smooth for you - my prayers :)

Pei Chyi said...

IMHO I would say that newer hospital does not necessarily mean better customer service / healthcare.

Hospitals like any other large corporations need to achieve and maintain a certain degree of quality as they have to comform to annual audits/quality assurance--i believe SDMC has a string of awards and accolades under their belts for their constant success in providing excellent quality, up-to-par healthcare services. Thus, being a "veteran" in the industry doesn't mean a deterioration in the healthcare provided as equipment and facilities are constantly upgraded to meet current needs.

Just sayin'!

Kiasu Mom said...

Alice :-)

Leona, don't worry. You didn't really scare me. I know it's all about meeting the right people. Every where we go there will definitely be people who are not efficient be it Sunway (I experienced it myself) or Assunta (again my own experience) etc. I just hope and pray that my experience there will be smooth sailing :-)

Ermayum, I don't recall being this uncofortable with my 1st pregnancy so I guess that sums that my 2nd pregnancy is lower than my first. Seeing the doc on Wed, will surely remember to ask him.

Pei Chyi, agree with you. Again I know inefficient people are everywhere. Just hope that we don't get to meet them :-)