Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bun at 4 months

Last Saturday I went to see Dr Lee of SDMC for my regular check up. Bun is at 16+ weeks but my tummy looked like I am 5 - 6 months pregnant, no joke, I am huge this time if compared to the first. Even my colleagues who saw me when I was pregnant the first time said I was huge this time around, even papa said so too.

Anyway, happy to know that everything went well and Bun is active as usual. Kicking and moving non stop during the short ultrasound so unlike Hayley who was normally very quiet and still (but came out totally the opposite). However, Dr Lee mentioned that from the ultrasound, Bun's length and size of the head looks more like an 18 week old baby and if this goes on, I'll most likely have to go under the knife again instead of a natural delivery. He said the size of the baby is more or less genetic so nothing I do would make a huge difference. Anyway, we have agreed to see how it goes during the last trimester and discuss again closer to the delivery.

Dr Lee also mentioned that from this month on my check ups will be at monthly basis, hurray. I have also started on pre-natal vitamins and calcium. Currently I am taking Caltrade (Calcium), Obimin Pluz and Neuro Gain. I've taken Neuro Gain at my own expense when I was pregnant with Hayley so I am going to do the same for Bun. Some say Neuro Gain makes the baby smarter, cheekier and harder to manage, I don't really care. To me, both my babies deserve the same.

During the check up we also found out Bun's gender but we're planning to keep it as a surprise to everyone else, except close family. Hope we won't drive you nuts :-)

Now my only hope is that Bun continues to grow healthily in me and I continue to have a problem free pregnancy. Can't wait to see Bun again during the check up in a months' time.

9 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

Have a smooth pregnancy and delivery, dear.. take care..

Ermayum said...

keeping my fingers cross for you :)

Kiasu Mom said...

Thank you ladies :-)

Pei Chyi said...

hey are we talking about the same Dr Lee? he's the youngest obgyn in SDMC it seeeeemmmsss

Kiasu Mom said...

He's your gynae too? I don't know if he's the youngest, judging from the photos, he does seem like it :-). This is my first experience with him. I was using another gynae the last time.

Pei Chyi said...

yea he's my OBGYN...and yes he is the youngest gynae in SDMC!
i like him tho, very approachable, sometimes a bit uncle, VERY practical and sometimes a bit too direct. let's just say i will still go back to him for my #2...

Kiasu Mom said...

Pei Chyi, that is good to know. He is very different from my first obgyn. My first obgyn is Dr Goh and he's very old skool. I don't remember being asked to do all those NT test, or blood test or detailed scan. Plus I spend very little during all my regular check ups. So going to Dr Lee is a bit of a shocking change. So many tests, so many recommendations etc...But yeah you are right, he is very approachable and Uncle :-). But I was comfy with him. I tried Dr Jason Lim from Sunway before going to Dr Lee and I was trembling throughout the entire check up as I was so terrified of Jason.

Pei Chyi said...

i think ultimately as long as you feel comfortable with him! I would say i enjoyed my journey of carrying baby until the moment he delivered my baby, there's just something comforting about him. He's very practical too about buying the vitamins yourself and not from SDMC hahaha! enjoy your 2nd pregnancy! i dunno why but i kinda miss being pregnant ... gotta pause for at least 2 yrs before the next one :)

Kiasu Mom said...

yeah my friend who recommended him to me said the same thing about him asking her to buy the vitamins outside.. hehe

You know what, I told my husband the same thing after my 1st pregnancy. I missed being pregnant.. hehe. And I think 2 years is a good gap. I had the same gap.