Thursday, June 10, 2010

A reward for Papa


In conjunction with Father's Day next Sunday and papa's decision to quit smoking (happy to say that he's still nicotine free since the day he decided to quit), I have decided to reward him. Actually I owe him.. so I am killing 2 birds with 1 stone hahaha.
You see, every year for his birthday I asked him to choose a gift (yes we are hopeless romantic, no surprises, choose what you want and I'll pay for it kind of thing). Every year he will say he wants a new mobile phone but he always end up not getting any (love him to bits for helping me save :-)). For 2 years I didn't buy him his birthday present although I always got mine [big grin].
Although his birthday is in Oct, this time, I insisted that he must get one now for 3 reasons:
  1. his current Nokia phone is already 4+ years old and its showing symptoms of old age
  2. it will be a reward from me to him for quitting smoking
  3. so I will feel less guilty that I finally got him a birthday present

I tried to persuade him to get an iPhone cause that's the 'IN' thing now but being a Nokia loyal supporter all along, for some unknown reasons (I think he finds iPhone without the plan very expensive), he prefers another Nokia. In fact he chose this model himself out of the many other available models out there. The damage to me is RM1300+.

I am really happy that he finally got a gift from me and I hope he will enjoy using it.
Keep up the good work babe!

4 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

wow..what a beautiful costly gift!

Alice Law said...

That's very sweet of you! Do have a lovely romantical weekend to you and your hubby!

Leona said...

So when will you be giving him his special gift?

Kiasu Mom said...

Reanaclaire, yeah a bit costly but I think its all worth it :-)

Alice, a nice and romantic weekend to you and family too!

Leona, the special gift will be delivered in Nov :-)