Friday, January 30, 2009

Oh no, Hayley has sticky eyes

Hayley suddenly woke up on Wednesday with sticky substances around her eyes. They were yellowish in colour. Her eyes are often watery and slightly swollen too. The discharge just keeps coming and it got worst at night. The discharge dried up and sealed off her eyes. She couldn't open them and that scared me to death.

Today her condition is slightly better although I didn't do anything other than using cotton soaked in warm water to wipe her as recommended by the babycentre.com website. I will continue to monitor tomorrow and if its still the same, I will surely bring her to the doctor. I did a quick research on the internet and suspected that she could have conjuntivitis. But one other symptom of this is pink eyes which she doesn't have so I am not really sure. Conjuntivitis is caused by a virus/bacteria. It could also happen after a bad flu which she recently had. Anyway, tomorrow I will decide if I should bring her to a doctor.

My mom on the other hand said its due to body heat which could also be true cause she refuses to drink water from the bottle (she will drink milk but not water) and I had to feed her using a spoon. I think she is refusing the teats because her gums are sore. Her lips are slightly red too which is a clear sign of heat. My poor girl. Teething is causing her so much discomfort :-(. I hope it will go away in time for her birthday party.

And because of this, we also cancelled our Penang trip :-(

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Poor Hayley! I think you should just check with the doc anyway, whatever it may be. If she's heaty, maybe the doc can prescribe something for her too since she's not drinking enough water. Hope Hayley gets well soon...and when's the birthday? You must be so excited! :D

Kiasu Mom said...

Thanks Penny.

I just dread bringing her to the doc knowing that she will surely scream and cry the moment she sees her. Anyway, I guess I dont have a choice.

Her birthday is on 14th Feb. My valentine baby :-)

Busy Bee said...

Oh dear, hope Hayley gets well soon. I really think you should check with her doctor. I am a bit paranoid when it comes to kids, so I am a big fan of doctors.

Kiasu Mom said...

Hi Busy Bee, yeah I used to be paranoid too whenever she is not well but this doc really made those visits dreadful. She always make Hayley cries like kena tortured. :-(

Anonymous said...

Why don't you change paed then? Find someone that Hayley won't scream with. You know she's gotta go back there a few more times for those well visits like taking jabs and all. Have you thought of what you're gonna do for her 1st birthday? Very nice date of birth she has! ;)

Kiasu Mom said...

Penny, I have tried looking for other paeds around this area but couldn't find la. I tried a few out and they were worst. The clinic is run down and the doctors' attitude were horrible. Sigh...

As for her birthday I still dont know what to do. I think I will have it at Oriental or Tai Thong and invite close families and close friends :-). Any other good ideas? Having the party at home is a NO GO as I dont have a maid :-(