Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Gong Xi Fa Cai!!

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Sorry for the late wishes as I've not been blogging for days now as I've been very busy celebrating CNY hehehe. Hayley's been with me since Sat and I will be babysitting fully until next Monday. I am giving the babysitter a break (although she said its ok to send Hayley back on Wed) and I am also planning to bring her to Penang for a couple of days. Although its driving distance away, this will be her first trip away from home and I am getting anxious. I dont know what to pack and bring. I think I will bring the whole house. My kiasuism is kicking in.. hahaha

On the first and second day of CNY, we've been out whole day. We went to my brother in law's place as both my MIL and FIL are in town. We usually will head back to hometown for CNY but this year they decided to celebrate in KL instead as we have babies and little kids and it would be inconvenient for us to travel. They are so nice and so understanding :-)

Anyway, the 2 days at BIL's house has been tiring for me and hubby. Hayley refuses to nap as there were many kids there to play with. She crawls and pulls and climbs and fusses. We left the home early and came back late. We are drained!

Today we get to rest at home as both FIL and MIL are back to hometown and we don't need to go to BIL's place anymore. Later we're bringing Hayley to shop around before heading to my mom's place for dinner. We will be coming home late too but thankfully she's now napping in the comfort of her own home and will be fully charged up for the long day ahead.

She also got a new nickname given to her by my BIL. She's known as the 'vacuum cleaner' as she likes to pick things up from the floor (from food crumbs, stones, dirt, hair, dead insects etc) and puts them into her mouth. Its amazing how her little eyes can spot these dirt (that most of us just ignore) and then her little fingers can pick them up at ease.

And btw, I think her teeth is finally coming. I can see 2 little bulge on her lower gums. Although I don't see white spots yet but I think they are going to appear fairly soon. I hope they will be out on time for her first bite of a chicken drumstick on her 1st birthday :-)

Talking about her first birthday, it'll be here in 2 weeks and I still can't make up my mind on how to celebrate :-(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For our boy's 1st birthday, we did a small party at home and invited family and close friends. It was great and we let him bite a chicken drumstick too! I posted some of those pictures on my blog too. It's gonna be so fun, I bet! :)

Kiasu Mom said...

Hi Penny, yeah I read that post and saw the photo of the drumstick :-). I had her full moon party at home and invited like 100 people. I had a hard time cleaning up the mess back then so told my hubby that this time we will do it outside.. haha