Friday, January 16, 2009

Which is easier to care for? Baby boys or girls?

The server in my HQ is down and I have no access to my work emails and therefore while waiting for the server to come up I decided to do something useful which is blogging hehehe

This question suddenly popped up. I remember speaking to a few friends who've got baby goys and baby girls to compare notes. I think I have to agree with most of them that baby girls are slightly harder to care for. I am sure there are plenty of reasons but to me, there is only 1 main reasons and here it is:

Baby girls tends to get rashes more often
Hayley uses diapers 24 hours a day (poor baby) and I pay very special attention to her vaginal area when washing or cleaning it. At every diaper change I will use water to wash then wipe dry and lastly apply a thin layer of Drapolene. Sometimes when she is co-operative, I will let her air dry for 5 - 10 mins. Even so she gets rashes every now and then. When the rashes gets very red, I have no choice but to resort to using the cream prescribed by the doctor which contains mild steroid which is not harmful to her if used in moderation. This cream works like magic. After applying for only 2 days, the rashes would go away.

A friend of mine who's got 1 girl and 3 boys (super mom) agreed with me. She said her boys hardly gets rashes but her girl always get them :-(

No comments: