Friday, January 2, 2009

Little brat

Guess what Hayley did today?

I placed her on the high chair to watch her favourite CD and gave her a sippy cup to drink or play with to keep her occupied (Nuby sippy cup). After playing and drinking from it for a while she threw/drop the cup onto the floor. This is not the first time she actually threw/drop the cup onto the floor but today I decided to teach her that this is wrong.

I picked up the cup and put it on the tray and hit her hand once (the hand that threw/drop the cup). I looked at her and repeatedly telling her that she cannot throw the cup onto the floor. She immediately made the sad face knowing that I am scolding and beating her. Then she picked up the cup again, with me watching, threw it on the floor again. She did it so spontaneously that it horrifies me.

Oh my God! Who taught her all these? Where did she learn it from? Is that a sign that she will be a rebellious child in the future?

I also read somewhere on some baby sites that all babies when they reach a certain age loves to throw things and make us pick up after them. I hope its the latter.

Anyway, I certainly do not want her to have such a character when she grow up and I will try my very best to teach her and make her a better person.

No comments: