Monday, February 2, 2009

Countdown to Hayley's 1st Birthday - 12 days

Boy oh boy, time flies. My baby will turn 1 in 12 days.

I still don't know what to do with her birthday party. Should I invite everyone or just close friends and relatives. Should I have it at a restaurant or should I have it at the club. Should I go for Chinese or Western or buffet... gosh.. all these choices are driving me nuts. And as usual hubby isn't helping. He's really good at 'tai-chi'. Tai-chi-ing all the decisions to me :-(

One thing for sure is that we will surely have a party for her. Both me and hubby didn't have our 1st birthday party as we are not from well to do families so we want our baby to have everything we didn't have.

And talking about cakes, I love those jelly cakes which I got to know from friends and also from www.lifeasamummy.com (http://www.qjelly.com/) and also theme cakes from mamamin (http://mamamin.wordpress.com/) . Again I didn't know which to choose. Sigh....

Anyone has any good ideas on how to make a baby's 1st birthday party memorable?

Please don't ask me to have it at home (although I love to) cause I don't have a maid and the clean up after the party will drive me nuts.

2 comments:

Busy Bee said...

I did Ryan's first birthday by the pool in our condo. We had a buffet with a big cake. But it was more for the adults, esp. the mummy catching up with friends cause the kid cannot remember anything about it! I also had a small blow-up pool with water balloons for Ryan to play with. Kept him occupied throughout the event!!

Kiasu Mom said...

Hey thanks Busy Bee. It's nice to have party at the pool side. Unfortunately I live in a terrace house :-(.

However, I love the idea of the blow-up pool :-)