Friday, February 6, 2009

8 more days to go...

See, now I am left with 8 days :-(

Anyway, am happy to say that I have finally made up my mind on how to celebrate Hayley's 1st birthday ... finally... phew....

We are going to celebrate at a Chinese restaurant that belongs to my friend's parents. The extra 20% discount she is offering me is very tempting.. hehe. We have invited 30 close family members and friends for a 7 course lunch. We wanted to invite more but unfortunately since it is Valentine's Day, most of them already had plans with their loved ones. I foresee the same happening going forward if I do plan to celebrate Hayley's birthday each year. I guess this is the downside for being born on a special date.

Well, now that I have picked the venue and confirmed the menu, I need to go shopping this weekend to get some 'thank you' gifts for the kids and adults attending the party. Since it's V Day, I am thinking of stationery for the kids and chocolates for the adults or maybe chocolates for both to save the hassle :-)

2 comments:

Saw Leng, KOH said...

Hi Amy,

How was the birthday party?

Update your blog and remember to post photos of Hayley, the cake, the cupcake, etc.

Cant wait to read it.

Kiasu Mom said...

SL, got to wait for the photos. My friend helped me on that day as he's got a DSLR camera. So I need to wait for him to download and send them to me. Will surely pots it up the blog once ready :-). Stay tuned!