Sunday, October 3, 2010

Papa's birthday and his present

Papa's birthday was exactly 10 days after my birthday. For this year, I wanted to take him to Sage (fine dining restaurant) at The Gardens but unfortunately we could not find a babysitter on Saturday night and they are not open for business on Sunday and therefore I had to change my plans. I took him to Xenri (Japenese fine dining) instead which is located near Wisma Elken in Old Klang Road since we've heard a lot of nice things about this place and instead of dinner we went for lunch. All these was made possible thanks to my sister and her boyfriend Ivan who helped to babysit Hayley for a couple of hours :-).

About Xenri, I think the food was really nice but the ambience just average. Here are some of the food we ordered taken using my new Canon S95 without any touch ups :-)

Part of Papa's meal set

My set but I donated my sashimi to papa :-(

Part of papa's set - Salad

Part of papa's set - Tofu

Part of papa's set - more Sashimi (which unfortunately I could not eat)

My healty 'dragon fruit and orange juice', absolutely love it. Only RM6.90.

The birthday boy

At night, the little rascal sang her papa a birthday song and she couldn't wait to blow the candle on the cake and to have her hands on the cake. The cake is courtesy of my sis and her boyfriend (picked by Hayley)... thanks again :-)

And lastly, papa's present to himself. A brand new car! I sponsored some accessories.. haha. Well, papa ordered the car about 2 weeks ago but wasn't expecting it to arrive on his birthday but it did. Papa had to say goodbye to his old faithful of 15 years (yes he drove his previous car for 15 years) and it was a rather emotional goodbye for him. We made the very difficult decision to get a brand new car (that of course comes along with a commitment of 6 years, sigh) because of the growing family and a need for a safer and more reliable car.

4 comments:

Leona said...

Wow... i like the pics! Its with the new camera rite???

MPV...nice!!! Can't tell the car brand tho!!! But definitely handy with a baby and a toddler!!!

Everything new...Amy! New baby, new camera, new car!!!!! New adventure!!!

Kiasu Mom said...

Leona, yes new camera, Canon S95. Nice hor??? :-)

The car is a Nissan, the cheapest MPV around for now.. we're not going to spend a fortune on a car. Something decent and within budget is good enough.

You're right about having everything new. We're still looking for a new house but they are SUPER expensive nowadays.. cannot afford la.. haha

Leona said...

Will ask u on the performance on the Nissan MPV later IF I do buy it in the new future. Also like Nissan coz I find it affordable and not too bulky like the other MPVs.

Kiasu Mom said...

My cousin bro have been using this car for 1+ years, he said so far so good. My friend is a loss adjuster and recommended the car too. My uncle is in the car biz and he too said this is a worth buy. So I think you have the answer :-)

We also bought it because it wasn't bulky and will be easier for me to drive (if I need to) since I am a clumsy person.