Thursday, September 30, 2010

My birthday and my present

Firstly, I finally got my birthday present, hurray and no, it's not an IPhone 4. I am not a gadget person so I am not into new phones, my current phone is almost 4 years old and it still works so no plan to change anytime soon unless papa feels generous haha. Plus Hayley enjoys playing with my phone - listening to the music, looking at her own photos or videos so I think an old phone suits me best for now.

But I do love taking photos and because I am not prepared to carry a bulky DLSR wherever I go and papa said he is not going to help me because he is not into photography, so I have to compromise and finally decided on a new digital camera instead. So papa bought me a Canon S95 which is not yet available in Malaysia. Canon S90 is the current model available here, sold at RM1,229 during the mega sale. I bought the Canon S95 (upgraded version) at RM1,300 from Hong Kong, with the help of a kind colleague.

Isn't it a beauty? Black beauty :-). The photos are gorgeous too if compared to the ones taken using my old Canon Ixus camera which is about 3 -4 years old. I am loving this new camera and Hayley will inherit my old camera as she loves photography too :-). I have yet to take any decent photo with my new camera (still playing around with it) and will show you the output in the next few weeks.

As for my birthday, it was a day filled with errands.. haha. Papa and I left the house around 10am to find someone but the shop was not opened, then we headed off to Kinderdijk and got the spare parts for my Avent breast pump. After Kinderdijk we went to Ikea to buy the baby bath tub (I am planning to bin my old one) and stool but both product no longer available, what a disappointment. After Ikea we went for Korean BBQ lunch at Kota Damansara. The food was not good so another disappointment. After lunch we headed to Jusco to grab some more stuff for Hayley and Bun.

Papa also bought me a slice of Secret Recipe Chocolate Indulgence cake and we requested for a candle. At night, Hayley sang me my birthday song (sweetest song ever) and blew my candle for me (I pretended I didn't see the saliva.. haha). She fed me my birthday cake for the first time and I was on cloud 9 the whole night. Then we spent the rest of the night playing lanterns and candles with her outside the house.

Although the day seems simple but being a simple mom myself, I am truly happy and contented with what I have and thank God everyday for his blessing!

I indeed did have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY :-)

10 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

wow..what a nice birthday present.. my girl asked me to buy another camera.. at the moment it is those normal sony cybershot.. so how is your new camera? good or not? :)

Saw Leng, KOH said...

friend, you were at so close to my house. Its my fault for not remembering the date of your bday, I only remembered the month. I was on leave on that day and baking cake for neighbour. When is your delivery date? Jared's final exam is till 8 Oct. We should have coffee and cake before your big day.

Kiasu Mom said...

Reanaclaire, I am loving every bit of this new camera. I have never owned a Sony so can't compare it to a Sony but a few of my pro photographer friends recommended this model to me when I told them I would like something that works like a DSLR but at the weight of a digital camera :-). The photos are very nice and clear and can zoom very well too. I'll share some photos later.

Treasure Memories, never mind la. It's the thought that counts ma. It was also a busy day for me running here and there so I might not be able to stop by even if you did call. So please don't fee bad :-)

Alice Law said...

Wow... your hubby is so generous and very thoughtful indeed! My man didn't get me anything on my birthday... I know I shouldn't compare but I'm kinda jealous now!T-T

Wishing you a joyful motherhood!^-^ Have a wonderful weekend!

Ermayum said...

nice camera i nak jugak :), bila nak sampai mesia ye :) and yummy choc indulgence :) my fav -

Leona said...

Can't wait to see the pics...
(Me looking around for a new camera...)

It is the simple moments that is the more valuable and memorable.

Kiasu Mom said...

Alice, sometimes I think a little pampering won't hurt (got hint to your man la) :-). Plus we made an agreement that we will only buy for our birthdays and not other celebrations such as Christmas, Valentine's or even our anniversary to save money :-)

Ermayum, tak tau la bila sampai but we do have the S90 here already. The only difference is S95got video mode which S90 don't have so I think S90 is still a good buy if you are looking for a camera.

Leona, get this one la. No regret I assure you. Plus the camera feels so solid unlike those Sony or Canon Ixus which feels a little light and flimsy.

Pei Chyi said...

LOL! cos when u mentioned from Singapore i could only think of iPhone 4 which we sadly finally got it here in Msia hehe..

I'm a shutterbug too but after having the Kiddo, accessorizing it has taken a back seat.

I think i reach out for my phone more than my camera too hehe!!

Kiasu Mom said...

Pei Chyi,

It's from HK la, not Singapore :P
Anyway, a colleague told me Iphone 5 is coming out soon and it has better features such as USB drive etc so she told me not to buy Iphone 4 yet. Dunno how true...

Kiasu Mom said...

Pei Chyi,

It's from HK la, not Singapore :P
Anyway, a colleague told me Iphone 5 is coming out soon and it has better features such as USB drive etc so she told me not to buy Iphone 4 yet. Dunno how true...