Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sad news....

Yesterday and today I received 2 very sad news....

A good friend of mine is pregnant with her 2nd child. She's about a month behind me so the baby will due end Dec. This morning, I was told that she delivered yesterday, the baby at 29 weeks weighs only 1.35kg. 2 weeks ago she was complaining about having bleeding and doctor told her to rest more and I honestly didn't expect this to happen. I really hope both mummy and baby will pull through.

Again this morning I was told that another relative of mine who attempted IVF for the 5th time and finally got pregnant will also be having her emergency c-sec today, 1 month ahead of the EDD. Her gynae told her that the baby seems to be getting smaller so it is better for them to have her out and monitor her condition. What is going on? In the past I really rarely hear of cases like these but now it seems so common. Is it something we eat? or is it in the air that we breathe? I am so upset. I just hope both babies and both mummies will be ok.

This really made me appreciate more and more of what I have today....

6 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

don't worry or anxious.. not all are born at the right time.. some premature babies grow up to be very genius one..
take care..

Happy walker said...

take care ~

Leona said...

Hey...don't think too much OK???
Stress is not good for a pregnant mummy...
ALL is in God's hands...Your friend and relative...

Alice Law said...

All the best to your friends, god bless them!:)

Kiasu Mom said...

Latest update, the 1 month premature baby (relative's baby) is doing well and has gone home. Both mummy and baby are fine. It's a girl :-)

The other one who was born at 29 weeks (friend's bb) is still in the hospital but the mummy has been discharged. The mummy needs to go to the hospital on a daily basis to feed the baby. It is a girl too.

Alice Law said...

Glad to hear that, thanks for the updates! Do have a pleasant weekend!