Friday, October 15, 2010

Bun at 36+ weeks

Today we went to see our beloved Dr Lee again - getting a bit bored with all these visits and the waiting .. haha

The good news is Bun is growing well, Dr Lee predicted Bun to be at least 3.2 - 3.4kg (if not more). The circumference of Bun's head is quite big too, about the size of a 37 - 38 weeks baby. So Dr Lee said it is probably a good idea to confirm c-sec.

Our c-sec has been confirmed for 1st November at 2.30pm, just 16 more days to go [nail biting]. I probably won't be able to sleep the night before and ended up looking like a panda on 'action' day. Hopefully Bun remain co-operative and stick to our plan!

Dr Lee also said that there is a high chance that Bun might come earlier. If that happens, then we'll decide on the spot whether I should try natural or c-sec. He said if Bun's head engaged/crowned up to 40 - 50% and my cervix is about 4-5cm dilated, he would encourage me to try natural. But if Bun's head remained high and I am only about 2-3cm dilated and am experiencing labour pains, he suggested that I should just go for c-sec.

As for my weight, I lost this time. I am now at 58.9kg, lost 0.6kg in the last 2 weeks. Is losing weight even possible? I don't really know but Dr Lee said some women will lose weight closer to child birth so I should not be worried about it. But he did asked if I was sick or having diarrhea etc and said that instead of coming back in 2 weeks which will be 2 days before my c-sec, he suggested that I return for the last time next Saturday just to make sure everything is fine - he did show a concern face when he saw my current weight.. haiz...

In the last 2 weeks I also experienced the following changes:
  • experiencing extreme itch on my tummy, so itchy that I have to scratch even when I am in the office or driving or walking. Extremely embarassing but I can't help it :-(. Hopefully I won't end up having red watermelon looking scars all over my tummy.
  • my gums have also started bleeding in the last few days when I brush my teeth.
  • sleeping (finding a comfortable spot) and waking up is becoming more and more challenging. Sometimes Bun will kick or press against my ribs causing pain.
  • Bun likes to put pressure on my bladder too, very irritating.
  • losing appetite during certain times especially dinner is also becoming a norm - sometimes feeling nauseous after eating - maybe this is why I lost weight.
  • I am walking slower and slower that sometimes my colleagues will tease if they need to bring a shopping trolley to wheel me to lunch hahaha

Today we also completed pre-admission at SDMC. The costs are just scary, RM8,000 deposit, single room is RM230 per night (ala hotel standard).. hahaha

8 comments:

Leona said...

U haven't started taking leave yet???...or are u going to work all the way up to the day before??

Kiasu Mom said...

Hoping to work until 22 Oct but will see if my back up can cope or not with only 1 week of handover. Else I may extend until 26 Oct lor.. my boss very nice, gave me 12 weeks of maternity leave so I am going to rest until after CNY (taking some annual leave) :-)

Alice Law said...

Estimate 3.2-3.4kg is great, bun is very healthy!

Ohh no! Don't scratch it, when you feel the itch just massage with cocoa butter or vaseline!:)

All the best to you Amy, take care and do have a pleasant weekend!^-^

CL said...

have a smooth delivery... and take more pictures when little baby is out with your new camera...

CL said...

have a smooth delivery... and take more pictures when little baby is out with your new camera...

Alice Phua said...

Take care, wishing you a smooth delivery and don't forget to take things easy!

Kiasu Mom said...

Hi Chew Lee, thank you for dropping by and for the well wishes.

Alice Phua, thank you to you too!

Kiasu Mom said...

Alice Law, I tried to rub when it itches but cannot feel it la.. HAVE to scratch baru shiok.. hahaha