Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I am so tired. I don't have me time.

I feel so tired on weekdays. And since I am pregnant, it only got worst. Today is one of those days where I just felt like doing nothing but unfortunately that is not possible.

Every weekday my routine is just so repetitive and time is so limited, I wish there would be 30 hours a day instead of just 24:

  • before 7am, got up and get myself ready for work
  • 7.20am, wake the rascal
  • 7.30am, send rascal to the babysitter
  • 8.30am/8.45am, reach office
  • 5.45pm/6pm, leave office
  • 6.30/6.45pm, reach home and pick up rascal from babysitter together with papa
  • 6.45pm, rascal wants to either go to the playground or walk outside the house to the neighbour's to pick flowers or baby mangoes (from the ground of course). I will have to accompany her while papa cooks
  • 7.15pm, dinner (if papa didn't cook then we eat out)
  • 7.35pm, do the dishes while papa bathe the rascal
  • 8pm, clean the kitchen, prepare fruits for dessert
  • 8.30pm, have my bath
  • 8.40pm, play with rascal/watch TV with her/drawing etc
  • 9pm, we bring rascal to bed. She will have her last feed, papa will attend to her when she brushes her teeth or uses the toilet while I rest in bed.
  • 9.30pm, story time
  • 10.00/10.30pm, gone to lala land
It's the same thing everyday. I hardly have time to do anything for myself and I wonder what happens when the second one is out. I don't dare to think.

Whenever I feel low and demotivated, I will turn to rascal. Her hugs and kisses will make all the pain and tiredness magically disappears. Her 'I love you mummy' will make everything worthwhile and I will feel energised again just like popeye with his spinach!

6 comments:

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

Umm...I guess all mommies will go thru this phase occasionally. But as you put it, we find joy in the eyes of our little ones and that makes a big difference in life. Perhaps we no longer have any ME time, but more quality times with the little ones. And remember, you have a great husband to support you all the way :) Take care

Reanaclaire said...

u should see my schedule.. hahaha... oh, i havent written it out yet.. at least you have the other half to help u with the chores.. so nice.. well, i guess this is part of marriage and family but then, the hugs and the loving words conquers them all..

Alice Law said...

LOL! You are really lucky my friend! You husband is so helpful and he really does his part well either as a husband or daddy dearest!^-^

No worries, there's nothing impossible if you and your hubby staying hand in hand! All the best, rest well and take care!

Have a beautiful day!

Leona said...

I guess it is harder to find ME time when you are a Full time working mum. I always salute mothers who work full time and still have the energy to manage their family... and without a maid too.
I can only find ME time when the kids are asleep. But by the end of the day, my battery already so low too.

Kiasu Mom said...

Agnes, yeah that is true but sometimes there will be certain days where we feel more tired and more helpless than usual days. It does happen. And yeah thankfully my hubby is quite hands on. No choice la, we both work so got to share the load.

Reanaclaire, at least your kids are grown up and they can care for themselves. You are busy cause you go online too much :-)

Alice, he doesn't have a choice really. If he doesn't help me then who will? I am not a superwoman, I can only do so much and I think I sacrificed more as I had to go through to pain to bring him a daughter and soon another bun! :-)

Leona, in the past I even do the housework myself on weekends. As I have OCD hehe, I always want the house to be clean. But since I got pregnant I couldn't do them anymore and had to resort to using part time cleaners. So now on daily basis I just clean the kitchen and once a week a quick sweep and mop. The rest I will leave it to the cleaners. Really have to close 1 eye else I think I will be stressful everyday.

And I am just like you, my me time is when she is asleep, that is when I go online, update my blog or check my work emails. But when she is asleep, I am so tempted to take a nap or go to sleep myself too. I guess we all have to endure this for another few years until the kids are older and then we can shake legs like Reanaclaire :-)

Ermayum said...

take a good rest will you dont force yourself :)