Thursday, August 12, 2010

I want to go school!

Everyday whenever my little rascal spotted a passing school bus or a school van she will say 'Bas sekolah, I want to go school' with puppy eyes. I don't know if she knows what a school is and what she will get from a school but we tried our best to prepare her by telling her that she will have friends in school, she will learn ABCs, learn to count, draw, paint, and play with friends. She will have a teacher who will teach and guide her. Don't know if it all make sense to her yet.

I called the Montessori Playschool mentioned in Alice's blog but sad to know that they are full for now. The principal said they might have classes starting mid October provided they successfully rent the additional corner house they are currently still discussing about. Anyway, I will need to wait until end Sept for the outcome and she will keep me informed. Hopefully it will be good news. As there are many playschools around where we lived (Alice and I live nearby I think :-)), but I always prefer to go to a place that a friend has been to so I know that it is realiable rather than sending my rascal to somewhere I don't even know or have not heard of.

As for rascal, everyday we try to talk sense into her in preparing her for school. You see, my rascal is not like any ordinary rascal. She's rough, impatient and loud. I know some kids are like that but I do hope it's not permanent. When she's at the playground and if someone in front of her going up the stairs to the slide slowly, she will sometimes ask that kid to 'go away'. I always tell her she can't say that whenever I heard it. Sometimes she will even push the children in front regardless of their age. Again I will interfere and she is slowly showing improvements. So we are quite afraid that she will end up making enemies in school (and end up hating school) rather than enjoying it. Or she may even give the teachers so much headache that they teacher will ask us to take her home (I know I think too far ahead.. hehe). So we have now started to talk sense into her by telling her that if she wants to go to school, she must be a good girl. She must not scold others, she must not push other kids, she must share, she must listen to the teacher and we even tell her she must eat fruits and vegetables if she wants to go school. The fruits and vege part worked sometimes :-).

Eventhough she's rough and impatient, she likes to play with other kids. When she's at the playground she will pretend that she's friend with a particular kid and start following that kid. Or she will start a conversation with that kid like 'catch me' or 'you cannot catch me' etc and most of the time they ignored her. If some kids are running around, she will run around as well as if she's part of them. Sometimes it breaks my heart to see that she has no one to play with but luckily Bun is on the way :-).

I can't wait for her to experience her first day of school. I hope she will enjoy it and I hope it comes soon!

4 comments:

Ermayum said...

ganas tu main sliding :)heheh

Alice Law said...

LOL! Somehow or rather I have a hunch that Hayley and Juan can be really good friends, they are practically 'similar'! Juan Juan used to be called 'Baby Brutal' by her elder playmates in the playground and 'go away' used to be her favourite quote last time.;) (I taught her to use 'excuse me' instead)

Before I enrolled Juan to the Montessori, I actually 'interrogated' the kids who attend the school(at the playground)... all of them share a same comment, "I love the teachers" moreover the montessori teachers like energetic and bubbly kids like Hayley and Juan(she is one of their pet students now).

Good luck to you, even if Hayley can't make it to Harmony Montessori(touch wood), try to enroll her in other Montessori instead of normal playschool... since Montessori emphasizes in discovering and developing the childs' unique qualities.

Have a nice day!^-^

Leona said...

All the best in getting the right place for Hayley...

btw, how is ur pain that u had written about abt a month ago??? And how was ur Kuantan hols? No pics leh?

Kiasu Mom said...

Ermayum, memang ganas. Girl some more tu!

Alice, now I do feel more relieved that she is not the only one who behaved like that. Hayley uses excuse me when she wanted to walk and we're blocking her etc but for some reasons she uses 'go away' at the playground. Will need to teach her.

Hopefully Ms Lee comes back with positive news end of Sep. Ia m running out of excuses to tell her each time she tells me she wants to go school.

Leona, the pain got better after the trip (surprise surprise). So now I can walk so much better and faster too :-). Kuantan hols photos posted liao... hehehe lazy la.. long post so have been pushing it off for a while.