Friday, November 14, 2008

Rebuilding my friendship (part 1)

Today was a fruitful day. I woke up at 6am (Hayley woke up at 6am!) and I snoozed till 6.30am cause Hayley poo-ed. After sending her to the babysitter at 7.30am, I went to the market as usual. Bought all the stuff I need and got home at 9am. Checked some emails and did some work and started my 'maid' routine at 9.30am. I had to finish cleaning the house and doing the laundy before 11.30am so that I could get myself ready to meet an old friend for lunch.

We had a good lunch and a good chat. Nothing formal, it was just to catch up and to rebuild the friendship. The first thing he said to me when he saw me 'aiyoh, why so thin one? I thought all new mothers have to worry about losing weight and keeping fit but you look like you need to gain weight' ~ lol. He also recommends that I get a medical check up done to make sure I am ok... see how bad it is??? Anyway, I promised him that I would get a check up done next week when I have some time.

We didn't eat at an expensive place (he was very kind to my wallet) but nonetheless it was a good lunch. Not so much about the food, more on being able to chat to him. The 1.5 hours lunch was a bit too short but it was better than nothing. After lunch I did some errands and got home at 3.30pm. I was exhausted and sleepy but still I was happy that I achieved something today.

Now I need to plan for next Friday, hmm.. who should I date? :-). Hopefully I dont have much work so I can go ahead and take my Friday off.

2 comments:

Saw Leng, KOH said...

hi,

is Fri your off day or you usually take leave on Fri?

when is my turn to have lunch date with you?

Kiasu Mom said...

I applied for leave every Friday from now until end of year to clear leave. But during busy weeks, I have to go back to work. So its more like a play by the ear thingy. I'd love to have lunch with you but your office so far leh.... :-(