Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pneumococal Vaccination 2

I had my 2nd pneumococal jab today at 9 months. Boy, that was painful. Before the jab, the pediatrician as usual will need to inspect me - measure my head circumference, check my ears, touch my belly etc. The moment she measure my head, I cried! Then I went on crying and crying until after the jab and even until we left the room (very drama you know). Can you imagine that!

I don't know why I cried, I didn't cry that much the last time but I guess I was scared. I hate needles, just like mummy. The doctor said I was overall ok although a bit on the small side (well, can't blame me, both my papa and mummy are small :-)).

At 9 months, I am 70cm tall and 7.89kg in weight. I gained 6cm and 0.99kg since 2 months ago. The doc said since I eat well (mummy told her I had milk, then cereal, then milk, then porridge, then porridge again and then finally milk) the doctor gasped and said 'ok, that was quite a lot' hehehe.

Mummy used to worry when I was 'lightweight' but now she does not worry anymore as doctor assured her that I am doing ok :-). Told you she was paranoid.. hahahaha.

Oh, by the way, my friend Samson was also at the clinic. Samson is 3 months younger than me but he was already at 7.9kg! He's a big boy. Samson had a bad cough and he came back for a follow up as he finished his med but still coughing away. Pity him. He looks so cute now :-)

Today's bill was RM306 as expected. My final jab will be at 15 months but I had to go back to the clinic at 12 months to get my MMR jab. When I got home, mummy gave me a dose of fever medicine just in case (as advised by the doctor). Hopefully I won't get any fever, fingers and toes crossed.

No comments: