Tuesday, April 20, 2010

How to fix faulty camera or handphone batteries

Just a tip to share (in case you've not heard about this) is that if you have faulty camera or handphone batteries, you can try and wrap them up in newspapers and then put it in the freezer for 5 days. After that remove it from the freezer, unwrap it, let it air dry completely (maybe for a few days) and try charging again.

I have tried it with my own Canon digital camera battery. My battery could not last me an hour even after charging it fully and instead of throwing it into the bin, I thought I'd give the tip a try. I left the battery in the freezer for almost 10 days (cause I totally forgotten about it) and then removed it and let it air dry. Then I charged it and wooolaaaa.... it worked again. I've so far only used it for a few days and have not tried re-charging it the 2nd time so I am unable to tell you how reliable this tip is.

I have to warn though that the above only worked if your battery is still in good condition ie it's not broken or bloated. It worked only if the problem of your battery is that it's not charging properly.

2 comments:

Ermayum said...

wow betul2 miracle ni :)

Rafiq said...

tes dulu ahh.. (my Battery not charged.. with an charger,) D: