Friday, April 16, 2010

My daughter bullies me

We recently removed her cot and is in the midst of training her to sleep on a mattress (single). We are hoping to get her a bed frame later when we are sure she's adapting it well but at the moment she is sleeping on the floor, the mattress in between the wall and our master bed. It's been almost a week now.

Every night when I accompany her to bed and the moment I switched off the light, she will stand up and lean her body against my bed and call for me in an extremely heart melting way. She'll say she wanted to 'sayang' me or kiss me or hug me and will proceed to hug my head or put her face against mine. If not she'll sit on her mattress and say she can't see me and wants me to sleep on the edge of the bed (almost falling off type). When I warned her with a rotan, she'll change her tactic and will lie on the mattress but will call out to me to say good night like 20X at least until I asked her to stop. She can go on and on eventhough I did acknowledge everytime she calls.

There was a night when she went to the extreme of repeating what she did over and over until I asked the papa to come to the room. The papa came, warned her and left the room. After he left, she lied down quietly in her bed and finally fell asleep.

When the papa accompany her to sleep, she will not behave that way. Why is she bullying me huh?

On one hand I am happy cause I really like it when she's so attached to me, and the stroking and the sayang-ing but on the other hand I am annoyed that she's not going to sleep despite being in the dark room for almost 1.5 hrs and I could hardly keep my eyes open.

Looking at the way things are going, we're definitely not buying her the bed frame anytime soon. Isn't it scary that a 2 year old can identify who she can bully and how to bully?

5 comments:

Ermayum said...

itu buli ke torture heheh - she is using her manupulative skills u know - hehehe - sama la they all semua - you just have to be firm - but if you tak sampai hati let her fall her sleep on yr bed later da tidur u letak dia balik kat katil dia - :)

Alice Law said...

lol! Hayley is such a cute pie, she is most probably seeking for your affection and attention, as she was uttering to you indirectly, "Mommy~! Please pamper me!".

Time flies, do treasure these moments while you can... she will be growing up into an independent lady before you are able to realise! Have a wonderful weekend!

Eti said...

Hi there, i'm blog hopping. Yup, i had the same experience with my second son when he was about Hayley's age, but it was to join his sister on his own pull out bed!! tough and trying times! he cried, i cried!!! he!he! tsk!tsk!tsk! i have a 3rd one now who will be 2 in May, I don't even want to think about what lies ahead for me! good luck to us!!!

Reanaclaire said...

Kids are very smart!! there are more to come too.. more to discover later on.. all these will be wonderful memories...

Kiasu Mom said...

Ermayum, not really torture yet since we only have 1, still manageable.. hehe. But I am not going to spoil her by letting her sleep on my bed. Nanti becomes habit pulak.

Alice, yeah I know that and that is the reason why i am not letting her sleep in her own room just yet.

Eti, thanks for dropping by. Salute mothers who can manage 3 kids. My aim is 2 and that will be it!

Reanaclaire, yeah and I am sure I did that to my parents too.. so now it's payback time.. hahaha