Thursday, April 9, 2009

8 year old stole bread and ended up with his hands crushed

Received an email from a friend today on the above. An 8 year old boy in Iran was caught stealing bread in a market and the capital punishment is that he will lose his hand. They will crush his hand under a truck!

The email came with photos of the boy's hand (left) being placed under the tyre and then photos of the tyre rolling over it, the boy crying and another adult holding him down. I just hate things like this. I know I have written a few blogs in the last couple of days about things like this which upsets me but I just can't help it. I am not even going to post the photos here as I do not want to upset anyone else but I just need to get it out of my system. It disturbs me terribly and I just hate the feeling of not being able to do anything.

What kind of a punishment is this???? Do we need to go that far to punish an 8 year old hungry kid who might not even know that what he did was wrong????

3 comments:

Penny said...

Thanks for not sharing the photos. I wouldn't have wanted to see them because I know I'll be terribly disturbed. Stupid laws!

Kiasu Mom said...

I regretted seeing them myself. It disturbed me for a few days and nights. Stupid stupid laws indeed.

Angeline said...

Hello.

I know you're disturbed by the photos, as was I. But I did some googling on the email and found these....

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/child-stealing-bread-iran.shtml

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_caught_stealing_bread.htm

Its still inhumane to get an 8 yo to pull a stunt like that. But the email's content about Islam punishment is incorrect. I'm a Christian myself and I agree with you about the stupidity of some laws that ought to be abolished.... but I also believe the world's suffered enough from the animosity we harbour against other religion without proper justification.

Peace.
Angeline