Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A week of torture

The past week have been a nightmare... Zac decided that he somehow got bored of his routine and wanted to 'try' something new.. lol...

For the entire week he refused to sleep at night. He would sleep from 9pm till 12/1am and then will demand for milk. After milk he refused to go back to sleep and wanted to play or watch TV. He would then nap for an hour (after he got bored) and then fuss until given milk around 3/4am. Thereafter it would be PLAY TIME all the way! Papa and I were zombified - sleep standing will not be an issue!

He would make so much noise that he would wake the entire household aka ME! Luckily he didn't wake the sister but I bet he disturbed the neighbours too.

Thankfully it all changed after a round of shopping trip on Sunday. We went out around 1pm and he didn't nap for 4 hours straight (cause I guess he was too excited with all the people and surroundings or maybe he just dislike napping in the stroller just like the sister) that he knocked off from 5pm all the way till 7am in the morning. He only woke up twice for feeds with no issues going back to sleep on his own. Yesterday night he was the same :-). Fingers crossed that he will remain with this sleeping habit. Maybe I should bring him out 'shopping' more often on weekends... hehehe

When I told my friends about this, the only question they asked me is 'did he sleep too much in the day?'. Well good question. I suspected so as well but then when I confronted the babysitter she said he slept like usual in the day. Well, I guess that is the price to pay when you are not taking care of your kids yourself...

4 comments:

Alice said...

how old is he? hehe....yeah, I bet the trick is to make him really tired during the day and he'll sleep soundly at nite? boys will always be boys...can understand the torture when his timing is terbalik....:P

mNhL said...

Last time, my son (about 4 mths) was like that too. He is like an owl. Awake at night and sleepy during day time.

Alice Law said...

Always hope for the best and that's what we can do(at this stage)! Bet you hv been piling up your sleep debts too, keep well and rest whenever possible!^^

Leona said...

Yeah...babies...their pattern can suddenly change and then change again 180 degrees. Just like the weather now! :)