Wednesday, April 6, 2011

CAR [ticked]

Yesterday I personally reached a milestone. I paid off my car after 55 months. It felt relieved. I no longer have to pay for it anymore and can put the supposed installments to good use going forward. It is so nice to have some spare cash :-).

I bought this car when it was 18 months old. A 2nd hand car. My 2nd car. This car served me very well (as opposed to my first car which will burn a big hole in my pocket once every year for the 3 years I've owned it) in the last 55 months and in return I treated it well too. Even though it has passed its warranty period long time ago, it still gets pampered and checked only at the Toyota workshop which we all know costs a lot more than going to any of the mechanics out there. Never mind that I paid more, I believe in karma. If you treat something or someone well, you will get treated well in return :-)

I hope it will continue to serve me well despite being 73 months old and will not give me any major headaches now that it has passed the critical mark (you know how most cars will start making noises and have things falling out from God knows where once they have reached a certain age?!). I love my car, it looks handsome and charming and I am definitely not planning to change it anytime soon!

2 comments:

LittleLamb said...

Yes..like a burden lifted right...

Alice Law said...

I reckon that's the great way to treat a car, serve them as your buddy thn a lifeless piece of steel!