Saturday, April 2, 2011

Counting my blessings

One day I was complaining about me being too skinny. The next day I suddenly felt very blessed. It must be the hormones playing up :-). But I ain't complaining, I like it when the 'good' hormones are acting up.. haha

But honestly I do feel very blessed and sometimes I just want to reminisce and be thankful for everything surrounding me, enjoy my life and not worry or fret so much over little things. Looking at all the shocking things happening around the world, you just might not know when one day earthquake will struck KL right? Life is too short. I want to leave (if it's time to leave) a happy and fulfilled person :-). Occasionally I will forget (we're only humans) but I will list it down, and maybe print and stick it behind my door so I am reminded everytime I leave the house.

Here is my simple list. I am thankful for being blessed with:
  1. 2 healthy kids - they do get the occasional fever, flu and cough but I think that is very minor comparing to what some kids are going through.
  2. a roof over my head - we're not rich, we don't stay in a big house but we have a home.
  3. a wonderful husband - he helps with the kids and cooks.
  4. a job - it puts food on the table and allows me to occasionally splurge on the things I want without having to depend on anyone.
  5. a bunch of true friends - friends who listens and care and who you know you can rely on when you need them
  6. supportive family - my siblings and my mom who will be there when I really need them
What more do I need right? Right!

And oh, I am now going through the 'hair dropping' stage which I am not thankful for. The hair on the bed, the floor and the bathroom is just scary...I hope it will stop or else I will go bald soon...

8 comments:

Alice Law said...

Hehe, don't worry lar! We shade at least 300 strains of hair per day! It's common during and after hvg baby, mine getting better after using hair fall control, muahaha(mayb psychologically)!

Yeah, we should be grateful with what we are hvg now, imagine those ppl suffering in Libya(family who holding each other in a room with the hope if they died, thy cld die together)! I used to complain a lot abt my husband, but now whn I look back, I hv many things to thank him!:)

This is a lovely post, I like it!

Adrine said...

Hi...... Just came over from leona's blog.
I like your post. Sometimes it is so easy to complain about the negatives in life that we can't see all the positives right in front of our eyes!

Ps: your baby boy is adorable. Love, love the dimples :)

LittleLamb said...

Same here. I m very thankful for the things I have. and Also thankful to blogsphere..so that I can read and learn about bringing up kids, parenting.

Have a good weekend.

Reanaclaire said...

Yes, yes... sometimes we tend to complain more than being thankful... each of us are blessed in our own special way.. Thank God for that!

Leona said...

Life is full of uncertainties.
That is why normally i live for the present..not the future. I know its bad coz in that way, I don't really plan..like u know la..all those savings plans for kids edu and all.
But as u said, we never know what can happen to tomorrow...so be thankful with what we have now.
U know Amy, u are truly blessed. To me, having a good partner, friends and family support is the best thing anyone can have.And of coz kids!!!

Alice said...

gratitude journal?
love reading your post.

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

Right live life to the fullest. Losing 60-100 scalp hairs is quite normal.

Kiasu Mom said...

Alice, I think I am losing more than 300 strands lor.. next time if I am in the mood I will take photo and show you. The bathroom, the bed (I blow dry my hair while sitting on the bed) and my living room floor (which is white in colour). Then you tell me if it's scary or not ;-). And totally agree with you on the other people who are suffering 100 folds more, so pitiful. So I am indeed VERY thankful! Your hubby is very good also la, he is the sole breadwinner and lets you spend time at home with your kids so you can bring them up the right way. So I think he is ichiban already :-)

Adrine, thank you for dropping by. I like to complain especially when I am tired and exhausted or stressed at work (who doesn't? hehe) but posts like this will remind and bring me back to the right path :-). Zac Zac said thank you aunty Adrine for praising me :-)

LittleLamb, I started blogging because I found a lot of answers on parenting from blogs written by other moms when I had my girl and I got hooked ever since :-).

Reanaclaire, you have great kids and a bunch of great friends and you are a great person. You are truly blessed! :-)

Leona, I still am very kiasu. I still plan (ie kid's insurance must buy, savings must have, family's future must plan etc, I still do) but now I tell myself to relax slightly and occasionally splurge on things that I like and don't have to be so tight. It is hard, but I promise myself that I will try to change hehehe. If I can't change myself I will change the hubby and get him to buy for me.. muahahahaha

Alice, thank you for dropping by. Drop by more often ya :-). Will link to your blog. I love reading posts about kids :-)

Bananaz, thank you for dropping by. I was reading Claire's post about the karaoke gathering and saw your name and now you've dropped by. What a coincidence :-). I think you guys are great. You really know how to enjoy your life. As for losing hair, we're not talking about 60 - 100 strands a day... we tend to lose a lot a few months after having a baby. Something to do with hormones (can google the term but I am lazy now.. hehe) and it can last for months. The last time I ended up with several bald spots after having my girl. Hopefully this time it won't be so bad.