Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Skinny me

I am one of the lucky few (or maybe unlucky to some) who tends to lose weight very quickly after child birth. I was back to my usual weight around Zac's full moon and would continue to lose weight slowly unless I stop breastfeeding.

I would get so skinny that I would look lethargic and frail. I could no longer fit nicely into my jeans or clothes and would look like I am wearing clothes I borrowed from someone else. Some of my friends even commented that all that is left is just my head! As I am also slightly tanned, I look really horrible (will look even more tanned) if I lose too much weight. My mom will ask me each time she see me if I have been in the sun although I have not!

During Hayley's time, I stopped breastfeeding at 8 months because I was getting thinner and thinner and my sister advised me to stop breastfeeding for my own sake. With Zac, even at 5 months, I am already having problems fitting nicely into my clothes. I am not going to shop for new clothes because I don't think I can easily find XXS and I know when I stop breastfeeding I will eventually return to my usual weight and the clothes will then be too tight for me.

Do any of you out there experience similar problems? Is this even a problem? I don't know. I just hate looking at my closet in the morning and not having anything suitable to wear despite it being full to the brim. And I get concerned when people ask me why I am so skinny and why I look so lethargic! I want to look good and not sick!

I tried to put on weight by eating more than the usual. I snack anytime I want to, I eat before I sleep, I eat all sorts of healthy and unhealthy stuff but I am still the same except that I developed a tummy because of my bad eating habits. I worry that if I let it get out of control by eating too much, I might have problems controlling my portions when I eventually stopped breastfeeding.

11 comments:

cre8tone said...

How lucky..... to be back skinny fast after delivery..

Anonymous said...

have you checked your thyroid function? it could be sign of hyperthyroid

Alice Law said...

Aiyar, please don't stuff yourself with food, you might ended up with gastric problem though...!

I think most important is you feel energetic and healthy! I have a few friends who are really skinny, but they are lively and fun going, that's more important thn looking appealing to other people! Just be yourself!

Ok, you might check if you have tremblings, palpitation, lethargic, breathlessness... ok I don't think you have these sign of hyperthyroidism!;p

Keep well and have fun! Btw, I think tanned skin is beautiful!^-^

mNhL said...

Laughing at Alice Law's comment !

Hey, Alice is right. Most important is to be energetic and healthy. Size doesn't matter!

Pei Chyi said...

I wish i had your problem. lol

treasure memories said...

lucky you friend. I think you're too stressed up by all the changes happening with the new baby.
take it cool.

Alice Phua said...

I agree with Alice Law too - be energetic and healthy. Thinness or plumpness or etc is a very individual thing. Don't be too concerned about your stature so as long as you exercise healthy habits and practices.

Kiasu Mom said...

Prince n princess mum, yeah.. I get that comment all the time but when you get too skinny and instead of getting positive comments you get negative comments, it can get quite worrying.

Anonymous, why so secretive? Would be nice to know who you are :-). I think I am fine and don't have hyperthyroid cause once I stopped breastfeeding I will gain weight and look healthier again :-)

Alice, problem is I don't feel energetic lor.. how to feel energetic when I don't get enough sleep :-). But when it comes to food I really no control la. Can eat and eat and eat non stop. haiz. I really must get myself disciplined.

mNhl, I will try... let me catch up with sleep first.. hehe

Pei Chyi, you have your issues and I have mine ;-). The price we pay to be a mom.

Treasure Memories, I think you are right. The stress of juggling the kids and work and housework and all may have been the caused of this problem. But I know it is all worth it and it will be over very soon :-)

Alice P, I will try ;-)

Alice Law said...

Yalor, you sound over-stressed... perhaps you need to take a day or 2 off without the little ones, recharge yourself then come back to the battle lor!

Hvn't your maid arrived oledi?! It's really hectic to shoulder everything cum work plus taking care the kids leh!

Quay Po Cooks said...

Try to catch some cat's nap in the day. I have a friend who has a similar problem like you. She is skinny no matter how much she eats. She started to go to the gym 2 years ago and now she puts on some weight and looks great. If you feel lethargic all the time, you might want to find out why. Skinny is okay as long as you are healthy.

Kiasu Mom said...

Alice, maid? still waiting. Neck also so long already :-). Yeah I am planning to take a day or 2 off from work (when work permits) to do some self pampering. Maybe I'll be recharged by then.

Quay Po Cooks, thank you for dropping by. I am feeling healthy (I think), just tired and skinny. I think I'll be alright once I stopped breastfeeding and once the boy starts sleeping through the night. Cat nap is not possible on weekdays (cause working). Weekend maybe can catch 1 nap when both kids are asleep.