Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Zac's Update: 4+ months

At 4+ months, I:
  • can roll sideways like a pro (from back to tummy and vice versa but only on my right side)
  • experienced my first mild flu and cough which led to sore throat. I refused milk for a few days and made my mummy very nervous. Doctor prescribed some paracetamol for my throat and I am now able to drink without feeling any pain.
  • can grab or hold on to my toys.
  • still need my milk at night (same amount), turning my mummy/papa into pandas.
  • think I want to start solid soon as I drool and move my tongue when I see others eating food. Mummy promised to start me with cereals when I turn 5 months.
  • like to stick out my tongue and can imitate mummy or papa when they stick out their tongue
  • am officially off mittens.. hurray.. and I don't scratch my face
  • still love to suck my thumb and fingers

I just had my 3rd haircut last week. This time I was terrified of the noise made by the shaver and cried the entire time. I also hate when the hair gets into my mouth and my eyes.

I also had my check up on Monday and I now weight 7.425kg. Doctor said my weight is above average and my height is just average. He called me chubby and told mummy not to be too worried if I refuse milk once in a while. I also had my 3rd Pneumococal, 3rd DTP & Polio & Hib as well as my 3rd Hep B jab. I am so glad that there will be no more mandatory jabs until I turn 1.

Before my hair cut


My new hair cut

8 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

wow...wish i could just pinch your cheeks!! oopss.!

Leona said...

Love those dimples...!!! Yeah, Zach looks so huggable!!!

BTW, how are all of you now??? beat the bug already?

treasure memories said...

hey, Zac is very adorable le. He makes me miss having baby around.

Kiasu Mom said...

Reanaclaire, come and pinch la :-)

Leona, yeah we're all getting there. Hayley is 'almost' well, I say almost cause dunno why occasionally she will still have the sniffles, I am 'almost' well too cause occasionally still got the coughs. Zac is still on paracetamol so don't really know if his throat has healed. But we are definitely much better this week comparing to previous weeks.

Treasure Memories, tunggu apa? Start project la.. hehehe

Alice Phua said...

Looks cute, chubby and huggable! About cutting hair, my son, till now at the age of 2 yrs 10 mths old is still afraid of having his hair cut or shaved....he would cry and scream in terror!

Alice Law said...

LOL, so envy that your husband's eyes also turned panda... mine, 1st baby yes, 2nd baby, 'Zhi Gei Gu ZHi Gei' lor~!>_<

Wah, smart boy, can imitate facial expression already?! Guess your boy can talk really fast if he kept his interest to 'MOnkey see monkey do'! Gongrat!

Next time when I see him, I wanna hug him can ar?!! Feel so nice to give him a bear hug, wish he won't punch on my face, lol!

Kiasu Mom said...

Alice P, I guess with boys it will be harder as they need to go for a haircut every month. They get traumatised often whereas for girls we can just let it be and keep the hair long. Even now I am beginning to worry how he would react the next month when we bring him for his hair cut. So pitiful to hear his fearful cries...

Alice L, my husband has always been very helpful both times. With Hayley she stopped taking night feeds pretty early but Zac still need his feeds even till now. So my hubby will take the night shift (till 4am as he's a night owl) and I take the morning shift (4am onwards). The boy's feeding routine still a bit unpredictable hence the need for us to 'standby'. We are planning to train him after 6 months but not now as we think he needs his milk to grow during such early stages.

If there is a chance for you to meet him, am happy for you to give him a bear hug :-). He won't punch you for sure but I won't do your laundry as he will definitely salivate on your shirt.. hehe. He's actually not that big in person la, dunno why he looks big in photos :P

Pei Chyi said...

he's SO CUTE! nuff said.