Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hot Hot Hot

The weather is just too hot. I wish the hot spell would come to an end soon. It's so difficult having to deal with the hot weather especially when pregnant. We feel twice the hotness...!

Walking out of the house to hang some clothes or to bring in some clothes can kill me. I don't even want to go out for lunch and will normally ask papa to pack back. Yes that bad. Sometimes I will even sweat when sitting in front of the TV with the fan switched on.

I am so terrified that Hayley would get sick because of the heat and make sure I boil something 'cooling' for her to drink at least once a week. The easiest for me would either be barley or the big pear with brown skin. My sister told me the big pear with brown skin (sorry don't know what it is called) is good to bring down the heat in the body. All I need is just to wash it up, cut it into small pieces and put it to boil for several hours. Add some rock sugar to make it sweet. Thankfully Hayley enjoyed drinking it.

As for myself, I don't usually drink ice water or anything with ice in it when I am pregnant. I am not sure what the logic is but my mom and sis will ask me not so I just listen and follow their advise. But these few days I couldn't resist the temptation. It is so hot that I have to drink ice water almost everytime, ice coke is even better.... so sorry Bun, I hope it won't cause you harm in anyway cause I just have to drink it. If I ask my gynae whether it's ok to drink ice water, he will surely scold me. He will ask me if I did go to school cause the books would have taught me that cold water will turn to body temperature as soon as it enters the body. Therefore, there is no scientific proof that drinking ice water will cause any harm... haha

4 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

ice is no good as we know... but these few days, I have been drinking that too.. just to quench our thirst..

Ermayum said...

dear ice water org tua said make the baby besar - then after 30 days shrink because dia keluar besar sebab ais.
please try to drink cool water if u tak tahan but not ice :) and no No for coke or any carbonated drink dear - it is more dangerous than ice . i read somewhere before a research associated silent death in infant less than 1 year with drinking of a lot of carbonated drink - please avoid yeah we wont know if it true but please avoid -

i am lucky because i dont like any carbonated drink but i could not resist ice . so i normally put my water bottle in a freezer so that it gets really cool for me to drink :)

Pei Chyi said...

hmm...i was so addicted to 100plus i drank it religiously!! ICE COLD TOO!
i think if my mom found out i would have been chopped into pieces

Kiasu Mom said...

Reanaclaire, yeah I know.. but can't help it la, too hot.

Ermayum, this is the first time I heard baby will be big if we drink ice. Chinese will say baby will have cold body which leads to coughs, phlegms, asthma etc. I guess it's better to avoid. Ok la, I try to drink cold water with no ice from now :-)

Pei Chyi, Zach came out ok ma, so nothing to worry la.. and I don't think you can say no to cravings hehehe