Sunday, May 2, 2010

Feeding time nightmare is over, I hope

I wrote a couple of weeks ago, here, that I was having a hard time feeding my fussy little 2 year old. I am happy to say that I think it is over, at least for now, or until she gets bored of this arrangement and start misbehaving again at the dining table.

How did we solve it? Soup + rice combo. It worked like magic. I simply gave her some rice with soup and cut up all the veges or carrots or meat or whatever we cooked that day and mixed it all up in the soup for her. She will finish it by herself and will lick the bowl clean. It normally takes less than 20 mins, sometimes as fast as 10 mins.

Hopefully this will stay on for a while until we figure out how else to spice up her meals. Alice suggested bento-ing. With my limited cooking and creativity skill, I really dare not think about being that adventurous but hopefully will have the determination to give it a try one day.

So, for now, I just need to worry about the weekly soup list so that she will have different soup everyday and enjoy the different nutritions.

6 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

ABC soup? yes, most kids like to drink this type of soup..last time when my kids were small like yours, i fed them with this.. if they dont like rice, i mashed up the potatoes and carrots and some pieces of meat.. well, a balanced diet, right? :p

Ermayum said...

actually budak budak kalau makan makanan berkuah /soup memang selera - the taste is better than eating rice and dry dish like plain fried fish for example - so now you can show all your creativity and talent in making soup every day, chicken soup, vegies soup, tom yam, spinach masak kuah and all :)

Rose world said...

Most kids love soups, but not my 4 yrears old girl. She fancy crunchy and fried food. Just find out what your 2 years olf fancy and you go adventurous from there. :p But keep in mind, their appetited and taste change from time to time. Just keep experimenting and introduce new food from time to time. Good luck.

Leona said...

Good to read that little Hayley is eating well and fast...

Consider a trip to Popular and get ideas on how to make soup??? they have quite a selection of soup recipe books there...

Just a thought... Hayley would pee more since her increased consumption of liquid...? haha :)

Alice Law said...

Congratulation! Wishing Hayley a happy mealtime!

Juan Juan prefers soup with rice too, though she still take a long time to polish her bowl. Have a wonderful week ahead to you!

Kiasu Mom said...

Reanaclaire, yes ABC is one of her favs. I don't really know if its a balanced diet if we just feed soup and rice but I think as long as she eats, I am happy for now.. hehe

Ermayum, yeah agree with you. Sometimes we adults pun bored of plain rice. You fed your kids tom yam ah?

Rose, thanks for dropping by. Yeah I find being adventurous and creative the hardest cause I am really not a good cook.

Leona, I do have a list of soup sufficient for us to repeat every week. Getting a bit bored with it now. I guess I really need to make a trip to the bookstore and get some soup recipe. With regards to her pee, this girl doesnt like drinking water unless reminded or forced to so even with soup, her pee didn't really increase la.

Alice, I think it is all still new to Hayley. Once she gets bored, she might start to slow down again and then I have to think of something else.