Sunday, May 23, 2010

Clocking the miles for charity

My company came up with a challenge for charity. Everyone in the company is supposed to clock 80 miles in 80 days. We can run, walk, cycle or swim. Whatever we achieve, the company will match and donate it to a charity in South Africa. I am still not 100% sure how it works. All I know is we can either achieve the 80 miles ourselves or buy miles from other colleagues if we can't achieve our own. Anyway, I will know more about it come end July when the challenge ends. The challenge started 1st May and todate I have only clocked 2 miles which is about 3km.

I have tried to walk (can't run, can't cycle and can't swim) 3km (1.5 mile) once every weekend at least but the weather has been either too hot or too wet. I am quite sure I will not be able to cover 80 miles in the remaining weeks but I do hope to do the best I can.

I am just wondering how other working mothers out there find time to exercise? I consider myself working 7 days a week. Mon to Fri for my employer, Sat and Sun for my husband and child. In fact, I am even more tired on weekends doing the house chores and looking after an active 2 year old.

When I was carrying Hayley, I was religiously walking 3x a week covering at least 3km each time. But with bun, I have not been able to exercise and am feeling really bad and guilty.

3 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

wow.. your company is doing a good deed..

Alice Law said...

It's indeed a good work out for you! LOL! Don't worry... you still have plenty of time to work it out! ;)

Kiasu Mom said...

Reanaclaire, oh ya... they've been very supportive of charity in SA cause our company is huge there.

Alice, no matter how I catch up, don't think I can finish 80 miles in the remaining days.