Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A weekend with tortoises and fishes

Like most kids her age, Hayley love animals (including insects). So we decided to expose her to some of these animals over the weekend. We relied on books a lot and we thought it would be nice to let her see the actual thing in person.

On Saturday, we went to Thean Hou temple. We knew there was a tortoise pond there and since mummy and papa would like to offer some prayers, we thought it would be a good choice to visit the temple. And as predicted, Hayley loved the tortoises. She even attempted to climb over the rock barricade to touch them! After the visit to the tortoise pond, she can even pronounce the word 'tortoise' accurately :-)

We also took the opportunity to teach her some basics about praying like putting both her hands together and kneeling down. She even wanted to hold a joss stick when she saw me holding one and that almost got me burnt.

Hayley kneeling in front of Goddess of Mercy at the temple

After Thean Hou temple we spent some time at the Bukit Jalil park again. She loves going to the 'ground', her version of playground. She really enjoyed watching other older kids run around, climb and swing. Sometimes she will follow them and watch them from a distance with a smile on her face.. amazing how such a simple thing can bring so much joy to a little kid :-). She also likes to imitate the kids. Jumping and climbing next to them.

Her day at the 'ground' will not be complete without her favourite horsey rides :-)

On Sunday, we went to One Utama. Some of my friends are performing there so I decided to pay them a visit :-). Although I have stopped dancing, occasionally I would love to see them dance to reminisce the good old times.

Papa who dislike watching shows decided to come along as he wanted to bring Hayley to the koi pond at the One Utama new wing. The pond was pretty huge and filled with nice colourful fishes. Hayley again had a good time and she even attempted to jump into the pond to swim with the fishes :-)


Although we had a lot of fun on both days, Hayley missed both her afternoon naps as she was so engrossed with the surrounding, the people, the noise etc at the places we went. She was a KEPOH (busybody) girl. She didn't show any signs of tiredness and didn't even nap in the car on the way back (we were wondering where she got all the energy from). Although half of me wanted to bring her out as often as I can, the other half of me was upset that she didn't get her beauty nap (and people who know me will know that I am very particular in following routines especially when it relates to Hayley - I know its a BAD thing but I can't help it). And it definitely does not help when my babysitter (an old lady) constantly reminds me that my baby was petite probably because she didn't get enough sleep.

I guess I would need to be more careful in planning for our future outings to make sure that she at least gets her proper nap on one of the weekend day.

No comments: