Monday, July 13, 2009

I made it

This old engine survived!

Here are some photos which I took before, during and after the game and I was still standing :-)

I have to admit that it wasn't easy, especially for people like me who've not exercised for 2 years. Although I only played for a few mins each game, I have to sprint and that made me dizzy and I actually felt like throwing up a couple of times. I was glad that we have 8 team members, enough substitutes to let us catch some rest. For those who do not know, you need to have 5 players in each game (including the goalkeeper).

There were a lot of teams there who were really serious in winning the RM500 and the trophy. They came with their own jerseys (with numbers and names) and football shorts. Pretty impressive stuff. And these people actually trained every week.

Whereas we went in our cheap t-shirt (bought from Carrefour at RM4.90 each) with DIY company logo [hahaha]. And although some of us have played the game before many many years ago, many of us have not even kicked a ball in our entire life. But my boss came up with a pretty good strategy and we even managed to score a couple of goals each game. Although we didn't make it to the semi finals, we had fun, we sweat and we made some new friends. It was all that matters!

When the game ended on Saturday, I went home and was dead tired. Hayley greeted me at the door, she had her bath, she was fed and she looked clean :-). I must say the papa did a pretty good job. I suffered muscle aches all over the following day and had a couple of bruises on my knees.

If given another chance, I wouldn't want to play again but definitely would not mind going to give my support.

2 comments:

Saw Leng, KOH said...

Hey,

I thought you are very fit. What happened?

Kiasu Mom said...

Hey,
I've not exercised for 2 years leh. Not even a jog in the park. So how to stay fit?! :-)