Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Milk powder going up up and away

Just a short post to vent my frustrations on the price of formula milk which hit a bull run like our stock market. When Hayley first started taking Enfagrow A+ (6 months ago), the price for a twin pack (the 1.3kg box pack) was RM59.90 at my regular mini market. A couple of weeks ago it went up to RM62.90. Guess what, today it went up to RM64.90! In just 6 months, it went up RM5!

I guess I won't be surprise if one day some poorer mothers will have no choice but to feed their little babies with coffee, tea or condensed milk. Sigh....

Looking on the bright side, this time the twin pack came with free educational books for toddlers. They are giving out 4 series from the Cambridge Bright Sparks collection of 67 series and I now have 3. They are pretty good books and suitable for Hayley's age. So if I just tell myself that I paid the extra RM3 for each book, it is actually a very good deal and I am sure I will then feel much better :-)