Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Futsal and me

WE HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON!


My colleagues surprised me on Friday morning saying that he registered us (yes me included) for a futsal tournament organised by ASM. Each team would need to have a min of 5 players and since we are a small company, I was forced to participate to make up the numbers.

The friendly tournament would be held in PJ on 9th July from 9am to 1pm. Each game would take 10 mins and each team would need to compete in 4 games. The grand prize would be RM500.

I have never played football or soccer or futsal in my life. This is suicidal. I don't even know the rules and I have not exercised since I was pregnant with Hayley and I am not even sure if this worn out engine of mine could cope with all the running and not to mention having to kick and control a ball at the same time. Other than dancing, I have never really played any other sports in my entire life!

I tried to negotiate my way out by proposing to my boss that

a) I'll turn up in a cheerleader costume with 2 poms poms instead
Boss said 'nice try but we need you on the field'

b) then I said what about if I wear fancy costumes with lots of colourful feathers (mascot)
Boss said 'tempting' (just one word)

c) then I said what about if I bring Hayley along and let her be apart of our team. Am sure none of the uncles or aunties would want to take the ball away from a cute little toddler and I can make her kick the ball slowly into our goal post :-)
Boss said 'I don't think so, you are talking about actuaries here'

SIGH.. my boss is so mean... :-(

I guess I need to start my jogging sessions again to build up my stamina so that I won't embarass myself on the field. I'll start tomorrow, or maybe on Friday (haha). I know last min training won't be useful but hopefully I won't collapse before the 10 mins mark is up...

Well, wish me luck and I will try to post some photos after that. Hopefully one where I am still standing at the end of the day... LOL. If Hayley is cooperative, I might bring her along to be my cheerleader :-)

Correction: The tournament is on 11th July, Saturday and not 9th July as posted earlier.

2 comments:

ainee said...

sista... add oil!!!

Kiasu Mom said...

Add oil?

I need to get a new engine.. haha