Tuesday, June 2, 2009

One of those days

Today was one of those days where I hoped I have stayed home, locked myself in the house and watch TV or work on my computer the whole day. Instead I went out and almost got myself hurt or killed! It happened not once but twice!

The first encounter happened in the morning on the way to work. A careless female driver almost knocked into my car but thankfully we both managed to swerved out of each others' way in time to avoid an untoward accident. That was lucky brush no 1 and a pretty clear sign that my day will not be a smooth one.

The second encounter happened in the evening on the way back from work. Yes it was another accident which almost happened. This time it wasn't anyone's fault but mine. As I was driving back on a curvy road, I suddenly lost control of the car. This has never happened to me before. I was not sure why and how it happened but it suddenly did. All of a sudden I lost control of the steering wheel and the tyres just went berserk. I tried to hold on tight to the steering wheel and stepped on the brake at the same time but nothing worked. My car swayed from left to right frantically and during that split second, I thought I was going to crash into a tree or a divider or worst into an oncoming car. Luckily the road was empty at that time (usually there would be plenty of cars) and after a few seconds I finally managed to gain control of the car and stopped by the side of the road, just a few inches from crashing into the divider. Again I didn't know how that happened, it just did. It was a very scary moment. Thankfully no one got hurt including me and my car was intact, not even a scratch. That was a miracle!

When I got home I tried to explain to papa what has happened. He blamed my driving skills plus the wet slippery road (as it rained earlier in the day). The car seems to be back to its normal self later in the evening when papa took it out for a test drive.

This probably was a lesson to remind me to drive carefully and slowly from now on.

Anyway I am glad that I am now home safely, sitting in front of my computer, thanks to someone up there who is clearly watching over me.

After publishing this post, something else happened to add salt to the wound - power failure! It happened twice (again, something very rare) and I was home alone with Hayley. It couldn't get anymore worst than this. Even TNB wanted to make fun of me.

I am going to hit the sack now and hopefully tomorrow will be a brighter day! Good night.

5 comments:

Busy Bee said...

oh dear, you alright now?

hope tomorrow will be better for all of us!

Kiasu Mom said...

Hi Busy Bee, still online at 12.21am? :-)

Well, I am alright. Just a wee bit traumatised. Will surely drive more carefully for a while now and then will be back to my old self again :-).

And yes, hope tomorrow will be better for us - Ryan to get well soon.

Saw Leng, KOH said...

Hi sweetie,

They said ... In life, there's obstacles that we have to go thru. Probably this is one of it.

I suggest that you send in your car for detail check and service, just to be on the save side.

Kiasu Mom said...

Hi SL, thanks for the comforting words. I felt very lucky today already :-). Early morning called Hitz.FM to participate in a game and someone answered the phone! Unfortunately I was too late for the game else I would have won hundreds in Pizza HUt vouchers. But nevertheless, felt very lucky that I actually got thru! :-)

Car is due for service in July, will do it all at once. I think it has to do with the ABS.

Penny said...

OMG!! So many close calls!! Very glad they were all misses and you didn't get hurt. You must be shaken. Oh dear, you better be careful now when on the road.