Monday, June 22, 2009

The week started with a 'BANG'

It finally happened. I was wondering when the day would come cause I could sense it coming. Today it came. I was on the way to work, the Wira in front of me did an emergency break and I could not break in time cause we were going downhill and therefore, the 'BANG'. Luckily we were both unhurt. Her back bumper fell, just the right side) while my front bonet bent inwards. My front bumper had a few minor scratches and my car plate broke.

Hubby came to the rescue and we paid her RM100 to 'settle' the matter. She admitted that she had to brake else she would hit the car in front of her. We both CURSED the stupid car in front of her who escaped the accident. And because of that, I became the unlucky victim cause no matter who stepped on the brake or who's fault it was initially, it will always be the last car who will be at fault.

I was still shaken by the whole episode cause it wasn't easy to forget after what I have been through a couple of weeks ago. Read it here. I sent my car to the workshop this morning and was not able to get to work. Luckily Hayley was not with me when it happened else I would freak out even more. I thank God for that.

I guess I consider myself pretty lucky. Accidents are inevitable here in KL. It's getting so common, either you bang someone or someone will just bang into you or a silly biker will bang into your side mirrors or scratch it etc, its just like a routine.

I had this car for almost 3 years now and this was the first accident. When I had my first car a couple of years ago, I had one major accident every year for 3 years in a row. I came to believe that certain cars are not destined to be with certain owners. You need to 'click' with your car and if not, you better sell it. And my first car was just like that.

After 3 months of getting my first car, it got flooded. All the way to the roof. It was the first major KL flood where a lot of other cars had the same fate while parked at car parks. I was one of them. Imagine my heart pain. 3 months old car swimming in a pool of muddy water. In the 2nd year, my poor car got sandwiched. I was the 3rd out of 5 cars. Right in the middle and the front and back were badly damaged. In the 3rd year, a stubborn driver tried to squeeze his way through a narrow lane and scratched the side of my car. As you can see, none of them were my fault. But anyway... I consider myself highly unlucky. After another year or so, I sold the car off and got this one.

I sent my car to the workshop and it is expected to be discharged around 6pm today. Its medical bill is estimated to be RM350. The bonet needs to be fixed and repainted. The bumper will require some touch ups and the car plate needs to be replaced. My total damage would be RM450 in cash, 1 day of absence from work and bruised ego.

To me, nothing beats the fact that my car will not be 'perfect' anymore.... sob sob sob

2 comments:

Saw Leng, KOH said...

Hi,

Same here. I used to have this sixth sense that I was going to involve in big major accident. Can hear the BIG bang sound in my head. Finally, I had 3 accidents in a year. 2 minor ones and one big one ... 4th in a 5 cars accident and I was 5 months pregnant.

Busy Bee said...

hey, hope you are ok now.
hate it when these things happen, but thankfully you are ok.