Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How to cope with sleeping problems?

Since I was a teenager I always have problems sleeping. I can fall asleep easily but I always end up with dreams. I dreamt every single night even till now. Sometimes the dreams are pleasant, sometimes weird, sometimes short and sometimes it's a story that continued for nights and often I can't remember them when I woke up.

Friends recommended changing beds, changing the positioning of the bed, changing rooms, drinking warm milk etc which I tried and they only work for a couple of days and then it is back to square one. Most of the time I will wake up feeling very tired. Occasionally I will wake up feeling fresh and rested but it is rare.

The combination of not getting enough sleep on most nights + work + looking after an active baby is taking its toll on my body and my health. I lost weight, looking frail and lethargic and falling sick quite frequently too. Luckily Hayley slept through the night since she was a couple of months old and did not wake up in the middle of the night asking for milk else I'll be dead by now.

I am just wondering if anyone out there knows of any other traditional or home remedies to treat sleeping problems like mine??? I have been to the GP once and they prescribed me with sleeping pills which I don't think is a long term solution.

No comments: