Sunday, March 15, 2009

Back from Singapore

I came home on Friday night and found my girl in 1 piece :-). The papa did a good job in looking after her while I was away for 2 days.

When I walked into the room (the girl isn't asleep yet) she greeted me with a big smile and kept calling me. I really missed her :-). I hate having to go away for work but I really love the look on her face when she sees me upon my return. They were priceless.

On a separate note, I mentioned in one of my previous emails that Hayley is not into drinking water from the bottle, I was wrong. It was entirely my fault. I used Avent bottles for both her milk and her water and I used the same size teats for both the bottles. I bought the 6M+ teats and cut it a little so it would be easier for her to suck. I didn't realise that I had to use a different teat for the water to reduce the flow which is actually choking her (STUPID ME). The other reason why I am cutting the teats the same is because I have 4 bottles for Hayley, 2 for milk and 2 for water. A set is for the babysitter and the remaining set is for home. I made the teat the same for the convenience of the baby sitter and myself.

Anyway, after realising my mistake, I bought her a new 6M+ teat (came with 4 small holes) and didn't cut it and used it directly on her water bottle. Now she enjoys drinking and so far we've got no constipation problems :-).

On the teats, they are really hard to find, often 'out of stock' and are not cheap. A set of teats costs RM19.90. Occasionally you can get 10% discount from Jusco but Jusco is the last place I would go for the teats as they often would not replenish their stock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Aww, it's so sweet to see that bright face of your little Hayley huh? :) Well it's still not too late for you to find out about the different sizes of the teats for milk and water :) We've recently started my boy on sipping on those straw cups and he loves it! I think Hayley may even drink MORE water when you start her on it too. I think toddlers love the cups!

Kiasu Mom said...

Hey, thanks :-). I was only away for 2 days but it felt like forever hehe

I also bought her the sippy cup (Nuby) and she is only interested in playing with it.. hehe.