Monday, March 23, 2009

Hayley the sponge

I totally agree with Life As Mummy that toddlers at this age absorbs like a sponge and we as parents needs to be careful with what we say in front of them or what we do. A few proven scenarios which happened to Hayley:

1. She was watching a VCD on nursery rhymes and the song 'If You're Happy' came on. This version covers clapping your hands, stamping your feet, nodding your head and pulling your ears. Hayley can do clapping, stamping and pulling but she doesnt quite get nodding yet. After watching the VCD twice, she picked up nodding on her own and proudly did the nodding when the part came when she watched it for the 3rd time :-)

2. She woke up in her cot and I went near her and asked her to come forward and I said 'let's go'. She copied me and said 'akk.. go...' a couple of times. Isn't that cute....:-)

3. When I gave her banana, I asked her to tell me what it is and she said 'na na' after I've said it to her twice :-)

4. She also likes the song 'Row row row your boat' and once I played with her holding both our hands and swaying our body back and forth like rowing. Then when she heard the song, she grabbed my hands and sway her body back and forth :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, this is very fun, right? You'll be delighted with more to come!

Kiasu Mom said...

Yeah, fun indeed :-). Loving every moment of it.