Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pneumococal Vaccination

Hayley had her 1st Prevenar jab yesterday and it cost us Rm300! Well, I think it's worth paying as long as we have peace of mind knowing that she will be safe from meningitis etc. We initially wanted to start her earlier, ie 4 jabs if we start her before 6 months and 3 jabs if we start her after 6 months and we decided to start her after 6 months cause I cannot tolerate seeing her getting so many jabs in the first 6 months. My heart cringed everytime she cried (not to mention the fever that comes later) when jabbed. I had to stand faraway and close my eyes while her daddy attend to her.

She is so smart now. The moment we put her on the bed she started crying. The moment the pediatrician walked towards her, she cried even louder. She knew what will happen next, smart girl. But the jab was quick and she cried for a bit. But overall it went quite well and she is quite a trooper.

The ped said she might get fever after the jab and told me to give her a dose of fever med when we get home which I did. Thankfully, she didn't get any fever and I am so so glad. Her next jab will be 2 months later, the 2nd Prevenar and another RM300 into the ped's bank account :-)

No comments: