Saturday, November 26, 2011

More on Reni

Over the last few days, more requests and comments from Reni...
  • Asked me to buy her skin lotion. I told her sure, but I will deduct from her paycheck because I do not supply anything else other than the daily essential items. Then she said no need. Will she use the lotion in my room when I am not around, I am not sure.
  • Even before I said anything (my washing machine broke recently) she told me she cannot wash the big items like bedsheets and curtains using hands.
  • Asked me and hubby if we have Facebook account. Are you scared yet? I am. I did a quick search but could not find her name in Facebook.
  • Told me she doesn't want to bath or feed Zac as he is too young, she is scared. Said she fed her boy twice and the boy choked and end up hospitalised. Why do I have this feeling that she is just giving excuses so she won't have to do so much?
  • Got my washing machine fixed today and she asked me what time she should wash the clothes? Told her no washing clothes using machine. Machine is only for 'big items'. Serve her right for making demands even before I said anything. Now she has to wash the clothes using hands!
  • She napped on the floor yesterday (she naps daily) so she can watch over Hayley who is also napping downstairs. She coughed slightly at night and told me it was because she slept on the floor in the afternoon.
  • Told me Hayley took 1 hr to finish lunch yesterday but a check with papa confirmed she took less than 30 mins. She lied. Probably trying to sound to me how difficult it is to watch my girl.
  • Asked me for some notepads. Said she would like to write down the recipes papa taught her so she can go back and open a restaurant.
  • Went to Hayley's basket (where I store her stuff like powder, lotion, hair bands etc) and asked if I can give her a hair band (while holding one of it). I asked her why she needs it, she said her hair is getting long. I gave her one. My friend told me I should not have given her, if she wants, tell her not to touch anything that belongs to the family, but instead I will buy her one. This will train her NOT TO simply take things from the house. Sigh.. I really need more training to become an efficient employer.
As for other housework I have no complaints. She will wake up at 6am (sleeps at 9.30pm) and get all the sweeping, mopping, wiping, clothes and car washing done. She still needs a lot of training and reminding on cooking and general house cleaning. She will not automatically wipe dirty areas etc unless told to.

The funniest thing is, she told me she is scared to wipe my girl's bum after she has done her business. Oh boy....

I am sure there will be more to come. So stay tuned.......

Next we are going to get CCTV installed all around the house just to be sure!

Maid, got also susah, don't have also susah. How la like that???

7 comments:

Alice Law said...

Your maid sound very young... and inexperience. Well, look at bright side at least u hv another pair of helping hands now!

p/s: Luckily she likes to sleep on your floor, not on the couch. I heard many complain their maids like to sleep on the couch like the queen of the house. *sweat

Kiasu Mom said...

Alice, she's quite ok with the basic housework, sweep, mop, wipe etc but anything more than that have to ask/remind her to do. With her at home, I honestly have a lot more personal time. I can even blog more now.. hehehe.

We didn't give her the option to sleep on the couch. She also don't dare to sit on the couch. We gave her a mattress and ask her to nap on the floor if she wants to (in the day). We did give her a room with proper bed to sleep at night. We're not that barbaric :-)

Reanaclaire said...

Tell us more in one month's time.. hahaha..

Leona said...

Oh...din know ur maid arrived already...
Was excited when i read ur post titlejust now. As i was reading...my heart beat faster ...kan cheong. I very easily kan cheong reading/hearing abt maid stories!
Within one week...so much cerita abt Reni already. She sounds ok but maybe abit fussy.So many conditions! Haha..i laughed when i read what u wrote abt the Facebook part! Well, i guess importantly is your own sanity and happiness. For a small price (kek sam and someone else in the hse)...u get your own time and more time with the kids.

Kiasu Mom said...

Reanaclaire, I will probably post again next week hehehe.

Leona, yeah we need to sacrifice something to gain something. Since having Reni, I don't need to touch the broom or mop anymore. So nice :)

Random Ramblings.. said...

Wow.. Interesting. Am curious to know the progress after 1 mth, 1 yr... The training and discipline in the 1st 3 mths r important! Well, all the best!

Saw Leng, KOH said...

Hi Amy, it doesn't sound good. Not to frighten you but you need to monitor closely and set the discipline right.

Once you have maid, you can spend quality time with your children and hubby.