Thursday, September 22, 2011

My big day

Today is my big day. So what should I do today?

I took off from work. Woke up at the same time in the morning to get the kids ready. Sent the big one to school and then the little one to babysitter. When I got home my 'maid mode' automatically got turned on and I cleaned the house (upstairs and downstairs) including the toilets. So what's next? Birthday is like that one ah? Take leave and turn myself into a maid???? haiz...

But something good did happen this morning. My girl woke up and sang me a birthday song (she said she must sing to me by herself and so she did) and received my 'surprised' birthday gift from papa. I said surprised because usually I pick my own present and he will pay for it but this time he bought it and left it on the table along with a bouquet of flowers! I think this is the first birthday surprise I've received from him since we started dating 10+ years ago hehehehe

OK, I need to leave my computer and enjoy the rest of my 'big day'. Although I am not sure what we're going to do next.... need to think of something to make sure this day is meaningful. Maybe go out for lunch and shop till I drop since kids are not with me. It's something I won't get to do on usual days :)

I also need to make sure I get a birthday cake so my kids can sing to me again tonight and blow the candles with me. I am so looking forward to that :)

OK will be back soon with an update on how my day went....
Sayonara!

7 comments:

Alice said...

happy belated birthday. yeah, have some me time and enjoy ur birthday yeah.....time to pamper yourself

LittleLamb said...

Happy Birthday to you.

Alice Law said...

How sweet... your hubby sent your a gift, mine hardly remember my B'day... sob sob! Very thoughtful of Hayley, next year u can probably listen to duet B'day song liao!;D

Saw Leng, KOH said...

Very sweet ... from the young and old. Happy Birthday, Amy.

Ermayum said...

happy besdayyyyyyy long live great health and stay gorjessss :D

Leona said...

I am very late to wish u...hope it was a wonderful day...spent with ur lovely kids...and hubby!!
Happy Belated Birthday.

Pei Chyi said...

oh yeah! we share the same birthday (d'oh!) happy belated birthdayyyyyyy hope you had a blast! May God bless you and your family abundantly :)