Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A mother's heartache

I was feeding her porridge for lunch one day and she was seated in her high chair. She wasn't chewing the food in her mouth and was eating extremely slowly.

Me: you quickly bite and swallow and finish your porridge
Hayley: I 'pau pau' (cantonese for full) already
Me: no not yet, still got a lot, you quickly eat
Hayley: I 'pau pau' already

Then she did the burp sound

Hayley: see I burp already, I pau pau already
Me: you want me to take rotan or not?

Folded her arms and turning her face away from me.

Hayley: I want to talk you... (her version of I don't want to talk to you)
Me: Oh you don't want to talk to me? Then I also don't want to talk to you. You don't ask me for vitamin C later ok?

She immdiately put down her hands and smiled and called me 'mummy' so lovingly...

You say la, kek sim (heartache) or not? She's only 25 months old. Imagine what it would be like when she turned 15 and has her own room?!

4 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

25 months?? my girl is 15 yrs old and till today, i worry about her food intake.. wanna diet la.. full la.. fat already la.. when she is so thin.... *i pengsan*

Unknown said...

Once a mom, always will be a mom,, hahahah. father like me sometimes also like that, scare my boys have not enough nutrient intake or so ever,,, may God Bless all the Parents,,, hahahahah

Leona said...

Yah kids nowadays... are so advanced for their age! I don't remember being so witty with my parents before even turning 2! Haha..not that I can remember la!

Kiasu Mom said...

Renaclaire, I am not worried about what she eat now (less worried la) but am more worried about her attitude!

Eugene, we'll continue to worry about every little thing that has to do with our kids until the day we can't see no more :-)

Leona, my mom said when we were younger, we're dungus. Just sit there and do what we were told. Very easy to look after. Unlike kids nowadays. Must be those DHA, EPA or whatever they put in the formula milk!