Thursday, March 18, 2010

Her bad habits

My oh my, just noticed 2 very bad habits my little one developed over the last few days (at 2 years 1 month old):

1. She bit her nails - she bit them until they were so deep they bled.
2. She dig her nose and then put the finger into her mouth - adoi, who taught her that????

Papa and I clearly don't bite our nails and of course we don't dig our nose (except when we're cleaning it in the bathroom in private) and put the finger into the mouth. Could she have picked it up at the babysitter's or elsewhere?

How to put a stop to it? I was told by the babysitter that she will bite her nails when she's about to sleep. I try to observe her at night and will smack her if I caught her doing it but have not been successful so far.

I caught her twice digging her nose during day time and putting it into her mouth and I flicked her fingers. I also constantly remind her not to do them and she always say OK OK.

Worst come to worst if she's still doing this in the next few days, I will resort to applying chillies on her fingers!

3 comments:

Ermayum said...

hehe this is funny - tell her it is dirty like she is eating her poo poo :) - hmm bt chilie a good idea also hhaha but takut pedih mata la dear later she touches her eyes wooo pedih :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kiasu Mom said...

Ermayum, tell her its dirty? she is still at a age where she won't listen la.. sigh... geram betul.