Thursday, March 4, 2010

Missing her like crazy

I am actually away from home for 2 days for work. And initially I thought I would enjoy the time off since I will be away from all the housework, got my own hotel room, enjoy my own private time and do whatever I want to do. But boy I was wrong. I actually miss home. I miss my little girl (I do miss hubby too lah hehe) and can't wait to be back.

She's now 2 and she's at this very cute stage where she surprises me everyday with the words she uses, the actions, the gestures and the expressions and I look forward to seeing her and spending time with her after work each day. I am actually missing all these. Thankfully I've got a great hubby who is very hands on and whenever I am away, he will takeover the responsibility of being both the mum and the dad and I will not have to worry at all. He'll pick her up from the babysitter in the evening, bath her, feed her, entertain her, play with her, and put her to bed.

I'm also glad that we've got Skype installed and although my company laptop (old crappy one) doesn't come with a webcam, the one we have at home does so I could see them although they couldn't see me. That was enough to keep me going for another day.

So I am actually asking myself. If I can't survive without her for 2 days, what happens if we (papa and I) were to plan a trip elsewhere and be away from her say for a week? That hasn't happened yet. We've only been on local and Singapore trips so far and she always tag along. I don't know if the day will ever come (cause we're not comfortable leaving her with the babysitter and overnight for so many days and our parents are not able to care for her) so I guess we'll not have to worry about this yet.

I just can't wait to be home tomorrow to kiss and hug her....

3 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

this is what every mom feels when they r away from home.. u might not believe it.. cos when i go outstation while my girl is at home, i also miss her like crazy.. . but all i can do is to just call her hp and listen to her voice.. :)

Kiasu Mom said...

Renaclaire, at least you can chat to your daughter. Mine doesn't talk on the phone. She will hold it and just listen. Thank God for Skype! :-)

Busy Bee said...

Good to know I am not the only one who feels this way. For a while, I thought I had a letting go problem ...

But I have left them behind to go for short trips with hubby, I miss them badly too.