Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My birthday present

Although my birthday was in Sept, I told papa I would redeem my gift in Singapore and so I did. Initially I wanted a netbook but since we won a laptop, there was no urgent need for a netbook [big grin]. Therefore I decided to get the 2nd item on my wish list, a crossbody bag.

I always complained to papa that I have trouble keeping my shoulder bag hanging on my shoulder while I struggle to hold Hayley or push the stroller. The shoulder bag was good for weekday or office use but definitely not good for weekend when I need to handle a toddler. I do not have many handbags like most women do. I do not need them as I dislike changing handbags and risk forgetting stuff when I did (it happened to me before). And I certainly do not have many expensive handbags. I only have 1 so far which is the one I am currently using and it was more than a year old so there are already signs of wear and tear.

This time I chose a Coach crossbody bag as I didn't want to spend too much on a bag. An LV is definitely tempting but I cannot come to terms with paying so much just for a bag. This one cost me S$335 and I saw it in KL for RM900. On top of that, I got GST refund for the bag so I actually paid lesser than S$335. It was a simple and casual looking bag which suits my personality and style and I chose black as I could easily match it with anything I wear, see I am very practical :-)

And coincidentally, I found out that a friend of mine was in Tokyo (after I got back from Singapore and bought the Coach) and could not resist the temptation of getting a Burberry Blue Label which was only available in Japan. My sis got one as well and has been telling me so much about it that I decided to get one too. So this became my 2nd present, it was not meant to be, it just coincidentally happened :-). If my friend didn't get in touch with me (we lost touch for a long time and she only recently contacted me) and told me she was in Tokyo (she went there for 2 weeks for holiday and we hooked up 3 days before she was due to return), I wouldn't have known and if my sis didn't tell me about Burberry Blue Label, I didn't even know they exist. So I think it was destined for everything to happen at the same time and I went with the flow and got her to buy the bag. I have not seen it yet and will not be seeing it until after Christmas. I hope I will like it :-), it's the one on the left in the picture below. It was really hard to tell from looking at the photo from their website.

After spending so much on bags this year I hope I am not going to buy anymore for the next few years. Thank you papa for the lovely bags.

I can't wait to start preparing my birthday wish list for next year... hahaha.

2 comments:

Ermayum said...

nice birthday present - happy birthday and merry christmas if u re celebrating :)

I also own one handbag/working bag a time - dont like to change bag and transferring all my junks from one to another - I tend to lose things:)

Kiasu Mom said...

Thanks Ermayum. My birthday was back in Sep. Happy holidays to you!!

I so totally agree with you on bags. I don't like changing them too that's why I only have 1. But now I have 3 [hehehe] more than enough.