Thursday, December 3, 2009

Our early Christmas present from Jusco


Have you ever won any contests or lucky draws or heard of or known of anyone who has?

Not me and don't know anyone who did but I always read in the newspaper of people winning cars, houses, holidays etc. I find them very lucky and will never put a lot of hope in winning anything whenever I participate. Even before I drop the contest form into the box, I will always have this thought in my mind that I am just wasting my time.
To my biggest surprise, we finally WON something! Yes we did! We won a HP Pavillion laptop from the Jusco's 25th Anniversary Count and Win contest. Basically all we have to do it spend a min of RM50 in a single receipt (for Jusco member, non member RM80), guess the number of bears hanging in the display unit, write a slogan and submit the contest form with the original receipt. We submitted ONE entry in Jusco Sunway Pyramid. Papa sort of counted the bears and gave me a round up number and I wrote the slogan. Since I always declare myself being the unlucky one in this department, this time I decided to write papa's details on the form (hoping that his name would have better luck than mine) and so glad I did.

The Jusco personnel called papa on Tuesday morning and told him the good news. He asked us to wait for the official letter from Jusco and thereafter to collect our laptop from their head office. I really hope this is a genuine call and the letter would come soon.

Although we are happy with the laptop, we were initially eyeing at the RM15,000 Jusco cash vouchers or the 50" plasma TV. Read here for more.

This year I was telling papa that I wanted a netbook for my birthday present (was eyeing at Asus eeePc or Sony Vaio) and we were planning to buy it during the PC fair this weekend. Now, there will be no need to buy my laptop in a hurry (maybe postpone to next year so I can claim rebate from my income tax, can only get 1 every 3 years and we got a desktop 2 years ago) and think of something else nice to get for myself :-)

I am just so happy that Christmas came early and thank you Jusco/Aeon for the fantastic gift! I am so happy to be a loyal shopper of Jusco... hehehe

1 comment:

Leona said...

What a way to end your 2009!! Such joy! So this win would give u more motivation to take part in more competitions????

I always would hope to win something too but too lazy to think of the slogan!